New York-Long Island
Options

inviting children to the wedding

I am having a lot of out of town guests and I was wondering if it is ok to not invite their chldren? I want everyone to come but I don't think I can afford all those kids!Any suggestions?

Re: inviting children to the wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm I think the OOT guests part makes it a little more tricky- it's very difficult for parents to travel without their children or to find babysitting in an unfamiliar area. It's possible to have a no kids reception, but I'd expect a lot of people wouldn't be able to attend then. Is there anyway you could provide a babysitter for the kids? Maybe have a pizza party/movie night at the hotel where your guests are staying? Or even in a different room at your reception venue? Those all seem to be costly options though- at least as expensive as it would be to just invite the kids to the reception.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    we did the same thing. some guests were able to come, some weren't-some were so happy that they could have a night out (or weekend) with out the kids! for us it was a 2nd cousin issue-we have about 40 of them between us and didn't want to use up guest #s and money for kids of cousins that we didn't know. in the end it worked out SO well. we had 2 kids at our wedding: my half-sister (ringbearer.flower girl) and my 11 year old first cousin. that was it. it worked out fine.

• Options
    jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not inviting kids either, except siblings and first cousins, even for out of town guests. If they don't come, they don't come!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards