Massachusetts-Boston
Options

MANSION WEDDINGS

Hi everyone-I am trying to find a mansion venue to hold my reception and ceremony (180 people) that can fit everyone into one room for the dinner.  Any suggestions?  I open to anywhere in the Boston, RI, CT area...thanks:)

Re: MANSION WEDDINGS

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you may have trouble finding somewhere that everyone will fit inside--you may need to tent if you want everyone in one room.  We are at Castle Hill at Crane Estate and it was one of the few we could all fit inside but dinner will be in two rooms.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the Astors in Newport.  We went to a wedding there a couple of years ago and it was gorgeous.  This wedding had about 165 people.  I'm sure 15 more would fit w/o a problem.  Dinner & dancing was in the same room.  Goodluck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look into Rosecliff in Newport as well. That is all in one room. I am having my wedding at The Glen Manor in Portsmouth, RI but we are eating in two connecting rooms and dancing in another. Check out the Aldrich Mansion in Warwick, RI too, awesome water views.
  • Options
    Scarlet856Scarlet856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Hamilton Hall in Salem, MA. They might list their capacity as 160 but I was at a wedding there where they had 190. The ceremony was held in a park directlly across the street. It was really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe North Andover's Stevens Estate could fit that many people? Or if you want to go to Connecticut, the Lord Thompson Manor in Thompson can hold a lot of people.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I can think of is Castle Hill like someone mentioned that might fit that many people. You'll need a tent definitely for the Stevens Estate. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    turbogrooveturbogroove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at oceancliff hotel in newport- it is going to be about 185 guests. The venue is gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of the mansions in Newport will be too small. Try the 2 in Bristol, RI - they are much bigger.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at Hamilton Hall in Salem in December, it's really beautiful! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married over the border in CT at the Lord Thompson Manor ... it was an amazing venue and I loved every aspect of my wedding but unlike PP mentioned while they can fit that many people they are not all in the same dining room ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception is at the Lyman Estate in Waltham. The max capacity is 175, but you would definitnely need a tent for at least dinner. That's what I am doing...dinner in the tent, dancing in the ballroom. You could do it all in the tent but I watned to use the mansion.
  • Options
    sprinkles2003sprinkles2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe the Commandant's House in Charlestown?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Rosecliff is gorgeous and the ballroom can accommodate a party of your size.  You must go visit the property!!!  It sits right on the ocean, so you can have a beautiful outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour on the veranda.  The ballroom is straight out of the gilded age.I don't know what their prices are now, but when I looked in 2007, they had a $5K rental fee, and their preferred caterers weren't bad at all in terms of price.  I think the only drawback is that they restrict the noise level of your sound system, but most of the historical mansions do that.  GL. 
  • Options
    IluvESIluvES member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second OceanCliff in Newport RI.  We had our wedding there in November (with 175ppl) and absolutely loved it!  I wanted a mansion feel that could fit everyone in the same room and it fit that requirement perfectly. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Newport: Astors is beautiful and will fit 180 I believe - I think that may be their max actually.  All in one room.  Just so you know though when we looked almost 2 years ago the rental fee was $15k and you have to put half down for the deposit ($7.5k) and there are preferred vendors at well.  The padre thought that much of a deposit on that high of a rental fee was kind of ridiculous so we moved on - but it is beautiful! Oceancliff - nice venu - definitely not a mansion though it has a hotel feel - on the water though so it is beautiful.  Belle Mer - beautiful menu - very modern - not that old money newport feel but gorgeous and beautiful view of the water and the bridge.  Downside - they have the main venue and then the island house next door (I think that is what it is called) and you could have weddings going on in both and they are only separated by a couple of topiaries.  Castle Hill Inn - small expensive hotel - really charming feel but you have to have the wedding in a tent out back so not sure how you feel about that Glen Manor - beautiful mansion - but we should couldn't move past having to have our guests in separate rooms.  Also I believe 180 or aroudn there may be the max - and if you are at the max 2 tables have to be on the patio - so they are separated againMansions in Boston:Commandant's House - FI went to a work function there and really enjoyed it Hampshire House - we have a friend who works as a wedding planner there - never formally looked at the venue so not sure if they have separate rooms or notThat is all I can really think of right now - I will post more if I think of anything else!
  • Options
    Lbloom88Lbloom88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the replies!  This was my 1st knot post and I cant believe how many responses I received :)  I am continuing with the search...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards