Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Co-ed Wedding Shower

Have any of you done this, or have you been a guest at a co-ed shower? My BMs sent out invitations calling it a "Couples Wedding Shower," but didn't specify it was for both men and women. We probably should have been more specific in the invitation. I haven't been to many showers in general, so I don't know what the typical practice is. Most of the people that have received invitations are a bit confused by the idea and its causing a minor uproar. I really didn't want the guestlist limited to just women and I didn't think it was that big of a deal, especially in this day and age. I'm just curious as to how most people feel about this and if it's an appropriate way to handle a shower.
Just Breathe.

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Co-ed Wedding Shower

• Options
    what.  how did the bms address the invites?  this is fine.  have your friends never been to a boy/girl party before?  also, this really isn't your problem.  let the bms sort it out.  this should be a "the more, the merrier" situation.  if it isn't, maybe people wanted to get you dirty, dirty gifts that they don't want you to open in mixed company.
  • Options
    The invitations were addressed to both men and women. Generally a lot of the men were confused, and a few of the women were the disturbed by the idea.
    Just Breathe.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    well, it's an invitation, not a subpoena.  those that are put off by the idea or are confused do not have to come.
  • Options
    Couples showers are becoming more and more popular these days. I believe some do it so the groom is not left out when it comes to "showers" and so he can become a part of the celebration. Depending on the time of the party etc. they can be fun, but most guys aren't into going to stuff like this to be honest.
  • Options
    Couples showers are common in my group, mostly because our group girls and guys, and we wouldn't want to exclude people from a party!  We skip the typical games, though.  They're usually a back yard cookout.  At my shower, we played beer pong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards