California-Orange County
Options

*Kasarin*

Just noticed on a post that we are date twins...just under two months and two weeks!  Can you believe it?  What have you done/still have left to do?  I am feeling far behind at this point but am excited to have most of August to catch up! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket

Re: *Kasarin*

• Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Tamnate! I still can't believe it and there's so much left to do! I can't even go on the October page because I don't even want to hear everything that I'm missing. My major immediate things left (I think) are invites, cake, rehearsal dinner, dress fitting, e-pics and getting candy for the candy bar... How's your to do list? What do you have left to do? Don't you miss the time when we could push things off because we had 8 months to plan?
  • Options
    NDAshleyNDAshley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! I'm October 3 and I don't want to go on the October page either b/c it depresses me as to how behind I am!!  Glad I'm not alone!
  • Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe OC 10/03 brides are just more laid back? That makes me feel better instead of the truth that I am huge procrastinator. =) NDAshley, what do you have left to do?
  • Options
    NDAshleyNDAshley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...it feels like everything! But we are actually not too bad. We still need to book our flowers and day of coordinator. The bridesmaids still need their dresses altered and I need to find a hairstyle (although I think I know the stylist). Possibly looking for an ice sculpter, if we have the budget. Also lighting rental. We have to make the favors, but we have all the stuff. (Making them on Sunday!) We are done with: -Honeymoon, Cake, Venue stuff, officiant, dj/video/photo (got a package deal at the event consultants), makeup, slideshow, registery, invites.Is that horrible? It feels like I'm so behind! Plus we are in the process of moving in together for the first time (and me moving out!) so it just adds to the stress! Ugh!
  • Options
    tamnatetamnate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NDAshely, you're not behind AT ALL!! You have a ton done-I wouldn't at all worry if I were you!The things I have left to do are cake, decorations for ceremony and reception site, my dress fittings, flowers, assemble and send out invitations, choose our food, choose songs for the ceremony....there's more, but I need to be done listing it so I don't get overwhelmed :) 
  • Options
    NDAshleyNDAshley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never expected it to be this exhausting. We have been engaged since Nov 07 and if I had it to do all over again I would have started earlier. It would have been much less stressful! Anyone getting married in mid to late 2010 who thinks they have tons of time please note-- YOU DON"T! Start now so you aren't pulling your hair out!! Especially if you are not already living together and are planning to move out around the wedding!!!
  • Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My coworker planned her wedding in four months, so I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong.Tamnate, we need to motivate each other to do the cake. Are you still doing the Costco cake? I think we are going to do it in addition to a small tiered cake. Are your invites ready to be sent out?NDAshley- I'm in the same situation. We just bought a condo, so the wedding planning slowed down while we tried to get the house ready. FI wants to start moving his stuff tonight, but fortunately, I'm not moving until after the wedding. I don't think I can handle living out of boxes and not knowing where anything is right now.
  • Options
    NDAshleyNDAshley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we are! My fiance is moving in tomorrow, I'm still undecided on my move in date! I'd like to stay home until the wedding, but I don't know how the logistics of that work out. I am going to move some stuff over that I don't need right away. I am excited, I finished our favors on Sunday, they are ADORABLE to go with our red black and white polka dot them. I will try to post them in my bio (which I just figured out how to do!) We also stuffed the invites on Sunday, so happy to have them (almost) ready to go out. Just need to address them! Here's a question for you Oct 3 brides: how many places did you register for? We only registered at Target and the hens in my family (mom, gma, etc.) said that was bad. Just wondering what's normal... I'm so happy to have found a wedding date buddy! It's hard to describe the stress to someone who isn't going through it!
  • Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's, Bed Bath Beyond, and Costco (via Amazon.com's universal registry). I don't know how many places you "should" register at though.I had a friend register at Target, and as a guest buying the present, the shipping was just so expensive, we decided not to do it. I like BBB because if you need to return gifts, you can get cash instead of a gift receipt.
  • Options
    tamnatetamnate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Kasarin, let's be cake accountability partners! I love it, and could certainly use some motivation!  We are still planning to do Costco cakes, but will also do a small tier cake from somewhere around here-thinking maybe Beverly's Best?  I have a gift card for there, so that helps :)We registered online at www.myregistry.com. We like it, you can register for anything from anywhere, which is nice, but we have found that it is a bit confusing for some people, at least at first.  Once people get the hang of it, however, they seem to be able to maneuver around and find what we like.  I would say it is definitely worth checking out! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards