California-Inland Empire

Friday Reception and Ceremony

I think I have officially decided to do a Friday Reception.  Its just going to save us SO much money.  I feel a little guilty about our family and friends who will have to take off work, but I just can't justify it! I haven't made this announcement to our families/friends yet.  I would appreciate any comments on your experiences breaking this news, what peoples reaction was and if most people who were invited actually came! Also, what time did other Friday couples start their ceremony? What time did the reception start and end? Thanks all!

Re: Friday Reception and Ceremony

• SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didnt do a Friday wedding. Yes it does save you a lot of money but to us it was more important to have everyone there in the end since we only plan on doing this once we wanted as many people as possible. Maybe you could do a later reception so people who do work dont have to take off early. Another thing to think about is the crappy Friday traffic on the freeways and if people dont take that into consideration you might have a lot of late people.
  • edited December 2011
    I would start the ceremony at like 5 (that way people would only have to take off the afternoon), reception 6:00-6:30! I wouldn't worry too much about people being mad, everyone likes an excuse to begin the weekend early! I also wouldn't make a big announcement out of it, send out STD's and deal with reactions as they come :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think Coco is having a Friday ceremony so she might be a good one to post about this.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a Friday ceremony, and our reason was the same as yours saves a ton of money.  We'll be getting married on Black Friday, the friday after Thanksgiving because I figure a lot of people from out of town will be here anyway for the Thanksgiving holiday and a lot of people have that Friday off. So we just went with it.  A lot of people were really surprised but overall I think we'll have a great turn out.  I've actually gotten more comments about the fact that the reception is in Corona and not in O.C.  Not really that its on a Friday.  Our ceremony is going to be at 2, which is going to be at a different location than the reception which is starting at 6.  I'm thinking about pushing the ceremony time back, but due to the sunset time and church rules, not sure if I'll be able to do that. But at least we have a lot of time for pictures! Good luck with everything!!! (Sorry I wrote a paragraph.)
  • edited December 2011
    hey! yup, I'm getting married on a Friday... this Friday! eep! It's actually been just fine, mostly because it's summer. All our teacher friends are off work and family is more than happy to take off work to be there. Friends too. I haven't heard one complaint from someone saying they can't come because it's a Friday. The only weird reaction was someone said, "Friday? Really?" and that was the end of it. Honestly, we didn't have a problem at all. My ceremony is starting at 4 and my reception starts at 6. The ceremony and reception are about 20 minutes away from each other. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards