Maine
Options

Maine-themed Table Names?

Ok, I'm sort of running with the idea of naming each table after something or someone distinctly Maine-related, like the Portland Headlight, Gifford's Ice Cream, Moose, Lobster, etc. I also have famous people from Maine, like Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and Edna St. Vincent Millay. So my question is...would it be totally creepy-weird to have a Stephen King table? I'm having difficulty reconciling myself with this idea, so I need opinions. What would you think if you were seated at the Stephen King table?

Re: Maine-themed Table Names?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be creepy-weird at all.  I would think "Oh yeah, Stephen King is from Maine.  Cool."
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree-- not creepy at all...
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • Options
    StarrbabyStarrbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I'm sure it's common knowledge that he's from Maine. If you want to expand that theme, you can use other Maine authors: Tess Gerritsen writes medical mystery thrillers and is always on the best sellers list.  Richard Russo is a pulitzer prize winner and wrote Empire Falls that was turned into a movie.  Kate Braestrup (?sp) was on the Oprah show and is a chaplain who waits with families while people are being searched for in Maine (woods, water, etc.)  A great book by the way.  If you search Maine Authors you will come up with many who have written all kinds of books, including children's books. Here's a novel idea (no pun intended!), you could use their book as part of your centerpiece and someone from each table could win it that day.  Search Amazon for used ones that you can buy cheap.  Sounds like you're going to have a really fun and unusual wedding reception!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to be seated at the Stephen King table! I love him!! Also, it is pretty common knowledge that he is arguably one of the most famous Maine authors so if you're having Maine themed tables it would make perfect sense!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    very cool idea! stephen king wouldn't be weird. What about tables like.. acadia national park, fort williams, patrick demsey (you know-mcdreamy from grays!), coastline, and LLBean
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ps- you just gave me a great idea for my table settings.  I am doing a coastal/ocean theme.. so my table name will be like: sand dollar lady slipper starfish oyster shell seaglassthanks!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Krissie117Krissie117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be cool to be sitting at a Stephen King table! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, I would love to sit at a table dedicated to him.  He's one of my favorites.  Did you have Moxie on your list?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I didn't have Moxie! Man, now I have to narrow down my list...lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards