Favors
Options

Mint to Be Tins expired?

Just received order of Mint to Be Tins by Kate Aspen, and the expiration date was 2.12.11. I called the website we ordered from - pricewisefavors.com, and they said the date is in the European format. Not sure what to think - we dont want to give out expired mints to our guests. Any thoughts or experiences?

Re: Mint to Be Tins expired?

• Options
    Haceto27Haceto27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have any extras you could always open one and try them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    European format is day.month.year.  So, your mints would expire Dec. 2, 2011.

Hope that helps!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is obsessed with expiration dates. If he saw that and had no way of knowing it was in the European format (if they are telling the truth) they would go immediately in the trash. I would try to get your money back. Tell them you aren't buying the European date thing and explain that your guests would not know and think you gave them expired food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_mint-tins-expired?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:f35643ea-1090-4375-baf0-a0b54ab57e4cPost:c35d2b49-8333-404f-9a4d-a62185fe0d49">Re: Mint to Be Tins expired?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is obsessed with expiration dates. If he saw that and had no way of knowing it was in the European format (if they are telling the truth) they would go immediately in the trash. I would try to get your money back. Tell them you aren't buying the European date thing and explain that your guests would not know and think you gave them expired food.
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

This was my thought too.  If you TOLD me it was in European format, I'd be fine with that.  But I wouldn't ask, since I wouldn't want to point out a potential embarrassment to the Bride and Groom.  So, I'd just chuck em instead.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there,

Random question, because I was considering buying some mint tin favors from this website, also...

Is the expiration date marked on the actual tins themselves? Or was it marked on the packaging from when you received it?

Thanks,
    Kat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards