January 2013 Weddings

OK GIRLS- bring on the ideas!! : )

My original wedding date was June 2103...it recently got bumped up to Jan. 2013 though and my beach theme plan went out the El-window...lol...
My girls are wearing Aqua (my FAV color) and i'm wondering if Silver or Gold looks better with this....venue is a bit rustic/elegant/cozy....
My sand/shells/candles centerpieces also flew the coupe...so I am wondering what centerpices to use...
Questions: 
1. does Aqua look better with silver or gold?

2.  Wintry branches seem like a typical winter theme to use...but I want to play them up...also thinking lanterns but on a tight budget and they could get pricey...any ideas on this?

3.  If the venue already has one or two chandeliers, should I use paper lanterns too or too clashy??

Thanks SO much ladies!  : ) 

God is Faithful!

Re: OK GIRLS- bring on the ideas!! : )

• 1. Silver!
    2. I'd shop hobby stores for the lanterns and see if you could catch them on sale.  I'm using white candelabras off of Ebay.
    3. I love paper lanterns, but that's up to you :)  It'd probably depend how you wanted to use them.

May I ask why your date got moved up?
  • silver!!  Silver and aqua sounds beautiful and mix it with some lanterns and candlelight -- rustic and wintry at the same time.  I love it!

for the lanterns, I'd keep a look out on the wedding classifieds, and once wed and all those sites.  i'd also try some thrift stores.  i've found some great ones as long as you're okay with them being all different kinds.

I think the paper lanterns would depend on the chandeliers and how you plan to use them.

Good luck!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the ideas...yea the majority are saying silver and I actually found silvery branches last night that light up!  VERY pretty...may do the lanterns still on the head table and guest book/sign in table....In regards to why we moved it up, its for too many reasons to list but the best one was "why wait?"  We were only waiting for the Summer...so we changed it and are happy that we did!  : )

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_ok-girls-bring-on-the-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:767f526a-444d-4057-aa26-d71277a99761Post:0c1e0a17-473d-4beb-b842-56aad9a1c4c4">Re: OK GIRLS- bring on the ideas!! : )</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Silver! 2. I'd shop hobby stores for the lanterns and see if you could catch them on sale.  I'm using white candelabras off of Ebay. 3. I love paper lanterns, but that's up to you :)  It'd probably depend how you wanted to use them. May I ask why your date got moved up?
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • Thank you so much!  : ) 

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_ok-girls-bring-on-the-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:767f526a-444d-4057-aa26-d71277a99761Post:6600b2e4-bb1f-4025-a727-0d7f9ce47c94">Re: OK GIRLS- bring on the ideas!! : )</a>:
    [QUOTE]silver!!  Silver and aqua sounds beautiful and mix it with some lanterns and candlelight -- rustic and wintry at the same time.  I love it! for the lanterns, I'd keep a look out on the wedding classifieds, and once wed and all those sites.  i'd also try some thrift stores.  i've found some great ones as long as you're okay with them being all different kinds. I think the paper lanterns would depend on the chandeliers and how you plan to use them. Good luck!
    Posted by melisrodis[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards