Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Paying for bridesmaids hair

Could I pay for my bridesmaids hair for my wedding as my gift to them?
I much rather pay for that since itll be like 70 bucks for it instead of giving them something they will probably never use or wear.
DO u think that would be a good idea? I was also thinking of getting robes and putting thier names on it. Found some dute and cheap ones at target! :)
Opinions?

Re: Paying for bridesmaids hair

• Options
    I don't feel that paying for their hair is a gift. It's part of the "wedding package" and is not something specifically FOR them. I would also skip the robes. Most adults don't wear clothing with their names on it, so this sounds like something you want them to wear while getting ready, not a gift for them. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If you would like to pay for their hair, that is a nice gesture, but it should not be counted as their gift.  I paid for my BMs hair/makeup/jewelry and got them robes, but as their gift, I took them for a spa day and lunch.
  • Options
    I'm paying for my bridesmaids' hair since I'm asking them to a) get the hair done and b) go to the same place as me.  I wouldn't consider it a gift though - it's something I'm doing as part of MY wedding so really its for me and not for them.  

I'll be giving them separate gifts that I think they would all be able to use (coach wristlets and some other little fun things) as a way of saying thanks, which are unrelated to the wedding. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_paying-for-bridesmaids-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:cec95ffd-66c5-4b9d-bcfd-2ce6246a2e33Post:b8657b0a-5643-44b9-8199-3f21e889a410">Re: Paying for bridesmaids hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm paying for my bridesmaids' hair since I'm asking them to a) get the hair done and b) go to the same place as me.  I wouldn't consider it a gift though - it's something I'm doing as part of MY wedding so really its for me and not for them.   I'll be giving them separate gifts that I think they would all be able to use (coach wristlets and some other little fun things) as a way of saying thanks, which are unrelated to the wedding. 
    Posted by ShannonEM[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm doing 100% the same thing as Shannon.  Down to the coach wristlets.  PS, coachfactory.com is the way to go for that.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards