New York-Long Island
Options

Am I Ahead of Myself?

Hey Ladies, so weve been engaged for a few weeks, but it was a long time coming, and were looking to get married March of 2011...i like to be ahead of the game and get things done early...but i feel as though maybe other people think its too early, to look for a dress, book a hall, the church get a dress...etc?should i wait a little while?i know i could plann it in a few months if i had too, i just want it all to be perfectis that understandable?

Re: Am I Ahead of Myself?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's ok to get somethings done now. I've been engaged for a month and getting married October 2010 and we had a VERY hard time coordinating the reception hall and the church. We were very surprised to see how many dates were already booked. I would go ahead and start looking at reception halls and meet with the church. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's too early. I would suggest just relaxing and enjoying your engagement for a few months before diving into planning head first. But now is a great time to start gathering inspiration and setting up your budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its never too early to be excited about your wedding! I got engaged in March '08 and our wedding is August 1st 2010. I started by looking through magazines and talking to people about ideas. The more I did this the more excited I got by May I started looking at reception sites. Then I moved on from there. I don't want to be stresses or overwhelmed. I want to enjoy planning our wedding! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's too early to look at dresses... we got engaged in Sept. 08 and we are getting married July 2010. The best bet is to book your church first - they get offended if you don't meet with them first. Then start looking at halls. We went to the church in October and booked our hall at the end of October. Next, we booked the photographer and florist in February. Then the Limos in March and the DJ in April. I also set up the hotel blocks in April. I booked the makeup artist in June. Now I am working on looking at dresses for myself and the bridesmaids and putting together our save the dates.  I too like to be ahead of the game if you can't tell.hope this helps!Cath
  • Options
    scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged in February and are not getting married until July 2010, but I started planning right away. We booked our hall 2 weeks after we got engaged. I also bought my wedding gown early, but I was a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding and happened to fall in love with a gown while shopping for my bridesmaid dress. We have just under a year to go and I have all major things booked, everything but limos. Every person is different, but I have a little OCD and am a stickler for details. I also wanted to have an idea of what the total cost would be so we could start saving $$$$$$$. Good luck and enjoy!!!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    moonbeam0612moonbeam0612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its to early either ( well for some stuff) we got engaged Aug 07 and are getting married this Oct....I did a lot of the big stuff first, we booked the church and reception in Sept...we got better rates and the date we wanted....than I slowly did stuff to make it easy...it has been so nice to get things done nice and easy and ahead of time...I have 80 days till the wedding, and have been so clam and relaxed unlike a lot of my friends who plan in 1 year....so enjoy the time and take advantage of it, and does things ahead of time but slowly...I would wait on dress and flowers since new stuff comes out and you get more ideas...but you can book all the big stuff slowly throughout...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards