Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Mandalay Prices!

I have reserved THE chapel for next May in Mandalay Bay and am trying to organise myself & wedding party flights and accomodation (from UK) We would all like to stay at Mandalay but it is coming up soooooo expensive! Why are their rates higher than everyone elses?? Even the Bellagio & Trump are coming up cheaper! Does anyone know if I have to stay in the hotel in order to get married in THE Chapel?? I know its a 5* star hotel but we are still in the "credit crunch" It is way more expensive than any other hotel. I hope they drop their prices a bit!!!! lol

Re: Mandalay Prices!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You do not have to stay at the hotel you are getting married at.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trump is a non-gaming property that is struggling to survive.  Bellagio I am not sure!!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you booking direct or doing a package? We did ours through Virgin and I'm sure it was cheaper than Bellagio at the time of booking.Though, as pp said, you don't have to be staying there to get married in the chapelGood luck, I hope you find something that suits you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at MB also.  Right now there are a lot of last minute deals (I am all the email lists), so most of my guests haven't booked their flights/rooms yet. However, I did rent an awesome house just off the strip for myself and wedding party to stay at.  That might be an option depending on what you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a convention at MB from 5/10-5/13 so that may account for the higher rates. 
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    MsTangyMsTangy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I got married at the MB Chapel over New year and I am also from the UK. I blocked some rooms at the MB for my guests. For some of the nights I blocked, the price became cheaper closer to the wedding so I e-mailed them the price and got them to amend it, and for the nights which increased, the price remained what I had blocked. Because it was over new year many of our guests stayed in other hotels until the wedding day. This was ideal for them as they stayed in hotels more central such as the Trump (the rooms are soooo much better than MB) and then on the actual wedding day they could stagger back to their MB rooms. I must say I was a bit disappointed with my room at MB after seeing my family and friends' rooms in the Trump.Hope this helps!
  • Options
    hansenladyhansenlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at Mandalay for our wedding but received lower room rates as part of the package.  I would check with your coordinator to see what the rates are. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You definitely DONT have to stay there, don't worry. However do sign up for their email promos- even though direct booking may be pricey, they have been sending out wonderful promos lately (ie- rooms starting at 69 or so a night week nights, free meals on the beach, cabana credits, etc). We are getting married there in 1 month, and we are the only ones staying at mandalay. i would say 90% of our guests are staying at the MUCH more affordably priced Luxor- they are connected via free tram as well as indoor walkways. Maybe look into that if you want something a bit cheaper for you or guests.
  • Options
    marie301978marie301978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks this has been sooo helpfull!!!! Typical that there is a convention on!!! Ideally I would like us all to stay together but wanted the Mandalay because of the pool!!! I may look into staying at the Luxor or Four Seasons if cant get a good deal at Mandalay. I signed up for email promotions ages ago but havent receive one email!! When I asked my wedding cooordinator for group booking she just gave me the number. Never offered to negotiate rates on my behalf!! Thanks girls...you have been great help!
  • Options
    ClaireS80ClaireS80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at MB too. I asked my WC if there would be any special rates for my guests if they stayed there, but she said no and all I could do is contact group reservations and book a block of rooms. I've no idea of the prices yet as they've not been released for next June. I'm hoping they're not going to be too high as I'd like my guests to stay in the same hotel, especially my family. I also signed up for promo emails, but have't had any yet either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another Vegas knottie, sorry I can't remember who, posted the site www.smartervegas.com Not many deals are out yet for your dates, but you might want to keep an eye on it. They post promo codes for a lot of the Vegas hotels and other things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Four Seasons but nearly all my guests are staying at Luxor. It's so convenient I wouldn't even worry about it.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget that the Excalibur, the Luxor and Mandalay Bay are all connected by monorail. So that is really 3 hotels with good price ranges that your guests can stay at.We are staying at Mandalay Bay, but most of our guests are staying at the Excalibur, which is offering cheap rates and offered us a promo code becausethat is where our wedding is. Mandalay Bay staffer mentioned that since we were having our wedding at the Excalibur, which is owned by the same company, that they were willing to work with us on some things like early check-in, etc. We are super excited - it will be 90 days until the wedding on Monday!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your info been a great help!!, I really want all of us to be in the same hotel, so am looking at at other hotels as well now just as an alternative incase we cant get prices to suit us! Is the Mirage too far from the Mandalay does anyone know??? Has anyone (or know anyone)that has got maried at the Mandalay but stayed elsewhere?? I know someone has posted that you don't have to stay in the hotel you are getting married at but would really like to know of someone who has, just to put my mind at rest!!! (I am a bit of a worrier lol) as my wedding coordinator has not replied to my email to confirm yet!!! p.s for those of you with fast approaching weddings Congrats & Good Luck! xx
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that room pricing is very likely to drop between now and your wedding so it's tough to judge based on what info you can get today.  I think you should pick the place you really want to get married and the accomodations will fall into place.  You definitely do not have to stay there to be married there.  I believe 6 to 8 got married there and stayed at MGM.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooo thank you!! I really want to get married in the mandalay chapel, but not bothered about staying there now if I don't have to as its more important that we are all together, plus Id rather have the extra spending money than putting it towards a hotel that I will only really be sleeping in!! I have paid the deposit for the Mandalay Chapel, I just got it into my head that I had to stay there as well, so was stressing as prices been so high!!! I've been getting myself into a right tizzy!!! lol Ive made the mistake of asking people if they want to book the same time as us, so have had added stress of trying to keep 20 people happy with prices etc!! I should have just told them when we booked and let them sort themselves out!!! Im sure it will all fall into place soon!! These forums have been a saviour! Thanks girls.xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards