Military Brides
Options

New Here

Hello everyone, my name is Amy and I am currently engaged to a wonderful man that is in the Air Force. I am totally lost on how to plan a military wedding and considering that we planned our date for April 24th, 2010 and that leaves me 9 months to plan my biggest concern is choosing the colors. My MOH is currently serving in the Army over in Korea right now so not having my right hand person is also making things a little stressful for me and I hope to get some good ideas from everyone here. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Re: New Here

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! My name is Amy and my FI is Air Force too! Lol!  Planning a military wedding is no different than planning a normal wedding except that you might have to change plans at the last minute. Colors shouldnt be that big of a concern... just pick whatever you like!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! We're date twins : ) Don't stress, you still have plenty of time to plan. However, I would start looking at venues for the ceremony/reception if you haven't already. Make sure you have a military clause in your contracts incase something comes up. Just pick whatever colors you like. I know that can still be hard. I've been planning since December and almost just changed my BMs dress color. Everyone here is very helpful so feel free to post if you need opinions or have an questions. GL!
    Military Newlyweds FAQ Button
  • Options
    snyderlsnyderl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi Amy & welcome!  the other two girls are right...planning a military wedding isn't really different than planning a normal wedding except that things could have to get moved around/changed due to what the military needs from your FI.  definitely make sure you have a clause in all your contracts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Choose the colors you like, I promise anything will look good with the uniforms (if he chooses to wear one). BTW, your wedding is on my birthday! Have fun!! I know I will :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed to all the pp. Uniforms look good no matter what your colors are... no need to feel like you should coordinate! Military clauses should be in all contracts if you can, or invest in wedding insurance -- from what I've read it's very affordable and gives you peace of mind. :) My FI is USAF too and an he's actually stationed in Korea right now -- seems to enjoy it. :) Welcome! I can't offer much advice since I'm newer to the military and wedding world, but these girls are great resources.
  • Options
    Derek&Amy2010Derek&Amy2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies, you have been a HUGE help. We already picked out our wedding venue and since we are doing the ceremony and reception all in one place we have signed an Military agreement with them. Since they have hosted many military events they know all the in's and outs and I am thankful on this. I just purchased Wedding Insurance yesterday so I am covered if anything happens. Thanks on letting me know that I can choose any color and it still will look good, I finally found my BM's dress and excited about them getting fitted for it in Novemeber.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like things are already moving along well! :) Great to hear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards