Ohio-Cincinnati

4-16-11 Vendor Reviews (Dayton Bride)-kinda long :)

Hey Everyone!  Here are my vendor reviews for our wedding!  It was an amazing day!

Venue: Polen Farms  B-  The whole place is beautiful and while we had originally wanted the ceremony at the gazebo, it was raining so I was relieved to have the tent as a backup plan.  I gave them a B- because while I loved the place and they did a great job with set up of the chairs, they didn't get back to me before the wedding about a question that I asked them.  You have to pay by the hour for any time that you want access to the house or barn.  I figured that they would at least let us in the house to get dressed but they let me know the morning of the wedding that we would have to pay per hour for the time to get ready in the house.  I just thought that was insane!  So we paid but I was annoyed and the day of coordinator just seemed to be looking over our shoulders as we set up the barn which was also annoying but overall it turned out well.

Photographer: Nixon Photography A++++  I can't say enough about them.  They do an amazing job.  They are organized and take great pictures.  We haven't seen any from the wedding but we loved our e-pics so I'm sure they'll be great!

Catering:  Elite Catering  A  The food was great and so was the set-up of the buffet.  They were very attentive to me and my husband throughout the night and really kept everything going very smoothly.

DJ: Party Pleasers  A  Chris and Kelly were great!  My husband and all our friends love to dance and everyone had a great time!  They kept everything organized and running smoothly!

Hair: Square One Salon A+ Erica did a great job on my hair!  I loved it.  They also did some of my bridesmaids hair and they scheduled us so we could all be there at the same time.  They let us bring in stuff for mimosas too.  

Dress: Davids Bridal A  They were very helpful and did all the alterations on time.  I loved my dress!

Invitations: The Envelope  A+ They were so great and really worked with me to get what I wanted.  Very reasonably priced!  Everything came in very quickly!

Cake: The Cakery  A+  The small bite I had was amazing and other people commented that it was delicious.  The cake looked just like I described.  I was shocked it looked that good!  Also they were much cheaper than some of the others in town and even more delicious.

Flowers: The Flowerman A  The flowers turned out great but it was a bit of a hassle since we did all of them ourselves.  The person there helped us a lot and she basically put together my bouquet which ended up beautiful.  The flowers still looked great on the day of the wedding (we did them 2 days before).  If you are going to do this though, allot more time to put them together than I did.  I thought it would take like 2 hours; it took 5.  We did my bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 3 mom/3grandmothers corsages, 18 centerpieces.

I guess that's all of them!  Hope this helps some of the Dayton Brides!

Re: 4-16-11 Vendor Reviews (Dayton Bride)-kinda long :)

• LindsFLindsF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops!  I forgot 2 of them...

Rehearsal Dinner:  Franco's Italian Restaurant A+  My MIL put this together from Denver and it turned out great!  They have a party room you can rent out.  The food was amazing: 2 appetizers, salad, 3 entrees that everyone can choose from.  Franco himself came in and thanked us and gave me and my husband a bottle of champagne.  Definitely a place to consider for your rehearsal dinner!

Favors: Esther Price Candy A+  We were going to make fudge a few days before to give out as favors and I'm sooo glad we didn't!  There would have been no time!  We ordered little boxes that had 4 pieces of candy in each.  They have different colored boxes (we just did white) and then we tied ribbons around them.  Everyone loved them!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I'm glad everything worked out!

We're using Elite, too, and I have a silly question.  They told me they would set up everything--tables, linens, etc.  Did you tell them how you wanted it done, or did they just wing it?  I could call them, but I figured I'd ask you first.
  • LindsFLindsF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Our venue set up the tables the way we wanted and then Elite did all the linens, napkins and everything else.  We went in like 2 weeks before the wedding and discussed all those little details.  So you can tell them where you want the tables at your venue, how you want the napkins folded, etc.  They were really good about asking about all the details so that they know exactly how you want everything.  HTH!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for writing that all out, very helpful. I'm so glad you had a beautiful day!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tiffjjrtiffjjr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards