Maine
Options

NWR: baby boom

Oh. my.  Just learned of coworker #18 having a baby in 2009.  We have 175 people in our group, 2/3 of which are women.   This means 15% of the women are giving birth in one year.  It's starting to make me think it is time to have a baby, even though DH and I agreed to wait another few years...

Re: NWR: baby boom

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will have 4 very pregnant women at my wedding of 100 guests! FI and I have also agreed to wait a few years but it's hard to keep that biological clock hushed when you see babies and pregnant women everywhere you turn!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, that's exactly it!  Three friends and I have formed a little club at work.  We call it  the "we know we're supposed to wait and that is best BUT it's hard to watch all these babies being born" club.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whenever I start to think about maybe being able to have a baby soon after my wedding, I look at my bank account and around my apartment (the tiniest in the world)-- and I don't think about it anymore! :-)
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally with you!  Both of my sisters are trying to get pregnant right now, so we are waiting on the bridesmaids dresses until we know what we are dealing with!  PS, they make up two out of the three bridesmaids in my party:)  I'm pretty sure it is good luck to have pregnant people at your wedding.  If you are trying to get pregnant soon after wedded bliss, just do a 'belly bump' with the pregnant lady in your wedding dress and you'll be fine!  I swear it works!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards