Second Weddings

**babyruth**

thank you! thats exactly how i feel. fi had this huge, expansive, elaborate wedding with 300+ guests. he wasnt involved in the planning of it at all (because he wasnt allowed), but his mother was very involved in the planning. now here is our wedding which is like 1/3 of the price and guest list and i feel like its not going to be good enough. plus...even though he had a big wedding before, i didnt! so maybe i want some of those things. and youre right the guests are going to think oh she did this and not that. not "oh they care about each other more". maybe they are and im just being crazy and selfish. im so glad someone can relate!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **babyruth**

• babyruth212babyruth212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no problem! i think it's somewhat natural to feel this way.  everyone has semi-crazy moments ;)
  • edited December 2011
    ~~Butting right in~~~ both DH and I had full scale weddings the first time around, and while it wasn't the number one priority (so many years had passed that most of what we had done the first time was pretty out of style by our wedding) we did pay some attention to making sure things were different.You said the only thing similar is the dress.  I am going to guess that you and his xW don't look alike, aren't built the same, etc.  I highly doubt there will be much resemblence.  Can you make sure your veil, flowers, etc are different enough to send a different look?  Have you thought about a "naughty" dyed crinoline? And a 300+ person wedding versus a 100 person wedding is a totally different feel - I would vote to be a guest at the smaller one, TYVM, it is so much more intimate, personal and comfortable.  And I know- I had both >:)Finally, won't half the guests be your side of the family anyway?  So they aren't going to be making the comparison.  And since you are inviting a smaller number of guests from his side- I hope you are choosing people who will NOT be making comparisons to his first.  People who should be invited are the people who love him and will be thinking "I am so happy that steeser'sfi has met the awesome steeser and is soooo happy."  Anyone who is going to rate wedding number 2 versus number 1 needs to stay the heck home.  ~Donna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards