South Asian Weddings

Another opinion (again!), please

We are not having a traditional indian wedding-but want to incorporate a few of the traditions in the wedding ceremony. We are planning on exchanging garlands. Should I still carry a bouquet? I didn't know if that would be overkill.
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Another opinion (again!), please

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's overkill.
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be fine.  The only reason I would say no is if you were going to have one of those super thick ginormous garlands and a super gigantic bouquet.  That might look really silly haha If their within the same color/floral theme it could look really nice
  • erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have a bouquet and we're exchanging garlands.  I think if the colors don't contrast or clash, then it would be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Sandhyap's gorgeous bio.  Her destination wedding featured both garlands and bouquets!  Although it looks like in the pictures she either wore the garland or carried a bouquet, not both.  Anyway, you can't go wrong with more flowers:http://web.me.com/asif1680/BIO/Bio.html
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a bouquet should be fine as long as its not over the top
  • edited December 2011
    I think it will look fine as long as neither the garland or bouquet are too big. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago where the bride walked down the aisle with the bouquet and at the end of the ceremony, she and her husband exchanged garlands and it was very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I had both and it wasn't too much, or atleast I thought it wasn't :). My Bouquet was very simple too though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards