September 2012 Weddings
Options

Is this ok?

Hello! :) 
I've been working on my registry and had a question... I know some people do a lot of little items (like measuring cups or kitchen tools) but we're not really in need of the little things. Do you think it's okay if half or so of our registry is in the $30-$50 range? We do have some items in the $15-$29 range but only a few (things like kitchen towels, or a paper towel holder). I don't want my guests to feel obligated to get something too expensive. What does the breakdown of your registry look like? Thoughts? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this ok?

• Options
    I would say our registry is 1/3 $1-$30, 1/3 $31-50, and then 1/3 $51+. We did register for a few big ticket items (new vacuum for example) but it is a regular occurance for our friends to choose one of the most expensive items and go in on it, that's just the norm in our circle
  • Options
    We have most everything we need also, so I just registered for upgrade items or small items that I would like to have multipes of. We've only registered at one place so far and the majority of our registry is in the $25-50 range, but we do have smaller things like an awesome ice cream scoop, hand towels, nifty measuring cups or single kitchen knives in the under $15 range. I registered for a couple big ticket items (ie- $260 stand mixer of my dreams) hoping to use the completion discount to buy it for myself, but if someone buys it for me that's awesome too...:)
  • Options
    I read online that you should try to hit a variety of price points. But like PP said, its a good idea to think about what your guests will do. Maybe all of your work friends may go in on something for example, and therefore a big ticket item or two may be a good idea.

The breakdown of our registry is probably 2/3 $1-$50 and 1/3 $50+. We have a few big ticket items (Dyson vaccuum, Springmaid comforter, and a fry-a-lator -- for Tim to make wings :)). 

Good luck with the registry!! :)
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards