Ohio-Northeast
Options

Have you used The Gift Hut as your florist?

I'm looking for feedback on them.  I went in today for an initial consult and had a good feeling, but hearing about past experiences is always better!   He says they do a lot of weddings, but I haven't heard much about him.Thanks.

Re: Have you used The Gift Hut as your florist?

• Options
    Mary11Mary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i personally haven't used them,  but a friend of mine and coworker both used them and they both had nice flowers, but agreed that they were a little too expensive for the end result.. HTH because i dont have first hand experience with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mary.  It's good to hear about second hand experience too.  I've visited 3 florists so far and they are the least expensive.  As Terry (the proprietor) said, flowers are very hard to compare because you don't really see what you're getting until you've already paid for it.
  • Options
    lpolly12lpolly12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who else have you talked to? I met with Terry and was surprised with the prices he gave me in comparison to other places I looked - I thought he was on the high side.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also talked with Al Wilhelmy flowers and Creations by Lynn.  Who else should I be talking to?   (I have very little time left - this is a quick wedding due to an out of state job transfer).  I like the idea of renting silk flowers for the altar decorations, because I don't feel that we need them for anything other than pictures.  This definitely brings the cost down.  And for centerpieces, I felt that he has a more complete inexpensive alternative (including mirror and votives in addition to a flower in a bowl).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Hyatt (where Al Wilhelmy Flowers is located) and they even specifically said not to look there because prices were so high.  I'm going with Fresh Tendrils and have found them to be very reasonable.  They were recommended to be my a friend as well as two venues downtown.  I'm sure other girls on here can give you other recs as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did they tell you not to look at Al Wilhelmy or at Flower Hut? I went to Al Wilhelmy at Kamm's Plaza first and was shocked at the prices, especially for centerpieces. Since then, it has only gotten better but I've lowered my expectations for centerpieces. We really want a low arrangement of fresh flowers, but might go with the floating flower type of idea to save money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just spoke to Fresh Tendrils over the phone and they said a starting price for a low centerpiece with fresh flowers (not just a floating flower) is $30-$35.  Since this is most of the cost of the flowers and I don't have too much time, I didn't even go further.  Gift Hut had said it would cost at least $25, but I didn't see a mock-up.  So maybe it wouldn't be even close to what I am envisioning.  I have another appointment with Affordable Florals this afternoon, then I just have to go with someone and Gift Hut is still at the top of my list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not to add to your list of possible florists, but we used Brown's Flowers in West Park (they are on Rocky River Drive), and we were very happy with how everything turned out.  I had floral centerpieces for the reception and Renee had me buy the vases myself to save money.  I think we ended up paying about $2-2.50 for each vase from Pat Catan's and then her cost was $25 per arrangement.  HTH
  • Options
    lpolly12lpolly12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am surprised that he even gave you a price. When I met with the Gift Hut he said that he would even talk about price and flowers until I confirmed I would go with him. I am working with Creations By Lynn and she was able to work within the budget I wanted. She suggested different flowers and different ways of doing things to get to a budget I was comfortable with. Have you looked into Roses for Weddings. They have gotten good reviews on here.
  • Options
    lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked roses for weddings :) She is doing my short floral centerpieces at $25 each (including vases) which i thought was a great deal! :) She is very reasonable! Link in my bio under vendors (She has pics of weddings shes done on there too under client pics)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called up Ety at RosesForWeddings yesterday afternoon, went out there yesterday evening, emailed her last night, talked with her to change the proposal this morning, booked her this morning, and paid her this afternoon.  GREAT recommendation.  I have the utmost confidence in her & her flowers.  She's a very interesting woman as well and so easy to work with.  I clicked with her immediately (obviously).    She was the fifth florist I went to and I'm glad I didn't stop at 4.
  • Options
    lpolly12lpolly12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that worked out for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards