Texas-Austin
Options

New Venue - Wild Onion

Thought I'd share a new venue. The lady who owns this property used to own Kali-Kate, and has been doing private weddings for a while. Now the Wild Onion is open to the public. 2 Dine 4 is the exclusive caterer. It's a wonderful venue and we had the option to have the wedding here before they opened to the public, but it didn't fit in with our plans at the time unfortunatley. Hopefully someone else can enjoy it! http://www.thewildonionranch.com/index2.php
~ Trish Finfer
Blog

Re: New Venue - Wild Onion

• Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That place is gorgeous! I love it! People are going to have some seriously fabulous weddings there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know - it really is an awesome place. They built it for their daughters wedding! How great would that be for your parents to be able to do that for you on your family ranch? I am kind of sad we didn't go with it after looking at all the pics again...which is why once you have booked something you should STOP looking at alternatives. LOL!!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [do I have an open bold tag somewhere? I must. Apologies. Trying to remedy]Yeah, along with dresses, you can't look once you've booked. Although I haven't felt a little wistful about any other place until this one. It's so pretty and modern but yet, still in this uber natural setting. And putting clear panels over the pool to make it a dance floor?? Always a dream of mine to do that. LOL. I have to stop looking at that website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have that problem with The Allan House too...so I completley understand. *Le sigh*
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! That place looks awesome!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    cmb12185cmb12185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dang it, I shouldn't have looked.  It looks great!  My date is already booked there so I'm going to tell myself it's been booked for a while and would end up being more expensive than my venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful, but holy expensive!
  • Options
    shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ummm. I have heard some pretty terrible things about the coordination at kali kate in the past.There is a girl on the nest that is still sad she can't look back at her wedding with completely fond memories - as it seems like that lady pretty much wrecked it.I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it's the same person... but maybe...Maybe make a post on the nest first to double check.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not the same person. That was after Kali-Kate was sold to the new owners.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards