Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for salon that has a cathedral length Mantilla Veil Selection

Any advice on a salon that has a large selection of long mantilla style veils?My FI really loves the cathedral length veils with the wide lace on the sides and I am having trouble finding a salon with a decent selection. 

Any thoughts on if it would be rude to take your dress into a salon to try it on with a veil before you buy the veil? I got my dress as a sample but the place I got it didn't have any good veils and I am worried about color matching (white/ivory issue) and would prefer to see them on together before buying.

Any help would be appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for salon that has a cathedral length Mantilla Veil Selection

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I was looking for one of these for awhile, and just a heads up - you are going to pay a LOT for one from a salon!  I would look on ebay or www.etsy.com for a less expensive one if you're certain you want one. 

If you're still just trying to decide if it looks good, I don't see why you couldn't bring in your dress to try on.  If you're worried about it, call ahead and ask.  But it seems to me if they are serious about selling you their product, they'd be as accommodating as possible! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at Do Too in Plymouth.  They didn't have a large selection but had a few to choose from with different lace designs and widths.

I purchased my dress from another store and did not try on my veil with my dress.  My dress is champagne with an ivory lace overlay and my veil is ivory, they go together beautifully. 

Like PP said, you could always call and see if they'd mind you bringing in your dress.

Lindsay & Tommy
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jennifer0124jennifer0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't look too closely since I didn't wear a veil but Bella Rose Bridal Boutique had a ton of veils and some dressing rooms.  http://www.bellarosebridalboutique.com/bellarosebridalboutique.com/Home.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards