Oklahoma

Music

Is anyone willing to share the 'playlist' for the reception? This is something I still have yet to work on and I could use a jump start, ideas, just anything. I have alot to do in two weeks, so I would like to get as much done today as possible. TIA!

Re: Music

• YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here to the rescue!! LOLOk...what kind of music do you and Travis like? Once I know that...I can help ya more...heheheAnd here's an idea of what Jermey and I are doing:Bridal Party Entrance: Route 66 (one of the versions from Cars)Bride and Groom: Raiders March (Indiana Jones)First Dance: It's Your Love (Tim and Faith) or something else..lolFather/Daughter: My Little Girl (Tim McGraw)Mother/Son: Song For You (Jason Boland)Cake cutting: something fun but not sure yetGarter toss: When he goes for it...I was thinking the fan fare track that you shout like "Charge!!" at the end but then I've Got My Game On for the tossBouquet Toss: thinking maybe These Boots are Made for Walking...but not sureLast Dance: History in the Making (Darius Rucker)the music that will be played will be a variety of country and rock, with maybe some pop. We're going to let people request songs as well.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just totally thought of this....If you don't have an entrance song picked, to help tie in Travis being a firefighter, you could use one of the tracks from the Backdraft Soundtrack..like Fighting 17th...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scratch the Fighting 17th track..the better one would be "Show Me Your Firetruck."I was going back and re-listening to them again..and Fighting 17th and Show Me Your Firetruck start off the same, but Show Me Your Firetruck has the better ending!
  • edited December 2011
     Haha, you crap me up! I will be writing all of these down! I was going to do the same song for the father daughter dance.   We listen to just about anything, so whatever you can think of will work.  I am thinking about playing "signed, sealed, delivered" as we walk out of the church. Not sure yet though.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...let me think and I will back to ya...I'll post things when I think of anything..or I'll just email ya..lol
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet!
  • edited December 2011
    we are goin old school for most of our songs!! enter (b party and us)- we are family cake cutting- how sweet it is - james taylor first dance - stand by me - temptations father daughter - I loved her first - heartland mother son- what a wonderful world bouquet - single ladies/put a ring on it - beyonce garter- kiss - prince
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! A friend has offered to mail me her sd card with all of her songs from her laptop on it. I took her up on it, so I may have reception music after all!
  • lizardrach812lizardrach812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we haven't completely decided yet, but my fiance isists on van halen's "hot for teacher" during the garter toss. i'm going to do my best for that song NOT to be played..haha
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, DH wanted "Hot for Teacher" played too...he didn't care when, just sometime during the reception.  Yeah, he did not get that request fulfilled! :o)
  • bake2312bake2312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't finalized ours yet, but here is what I have so far: Entrance- thinking about using "The Final Countdown" by Europe, and running out like we are getting pumped up at the beginning of a basketball game....haven't decided yet. Cake Cutting- "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies First Dance- "Better Together" by Jack Johnson Father/ Daughter- "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman Mother/Son- "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" by Rod Stewart Garter Toss-undecided, maybe "Can't Touch This" by M C Hammer Bouquet Toss- "Single Ladies" by Beyonce Exit- Boomer Sooner HTH, there are lots of good ideas online if you just google it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards