Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Any experience with planners? (yeah, I have a lot of questions)

I think I may need a wedding planner/coordinator for my wedding, since I live in Chicago and will be getting married in Grand Rapids (or somewhere close by). I'm wondering if it will help us budget our wedding and save money in the long run. Any suggestions in the Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids area? And what level I should consider?

Re: Any experience with planners? (yeah, I have a lot of questions)

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I do.  We booked one planner, and had to part ways with her, so I definitely would not recommend her (email me at rgschreuder@hotmail.com if you would like more information on who it is).The ones I would recommend are Ele3 Events (our current planners - they are so awesome and have just started out, so have great pricing), Elements of Elegance, and Memorable Events by Michelle.Depending on your budget - If you can afford it and are not a big control freak, go with a whole planning package.  Otherwise, I would highly suggest getting at least a "basic" planning package that will help you get started, recommend vendors, assist with some logistics ans such (that is what we got since we live outside of Detroit and are getting married in GR).  HTH!  Email me if you need any more info!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted a planner sooo bad, but it just wasn't in the budget.  I have managed to do everything that I needed while planning from Italy for a GR wedding. It hasn't actually been as stressful as I thought it would be. :) Good luck with your planning!
  • Options
    erikagdamhoferikagdamhof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Chicago and we are getting married in Grand Rapids (I am from northern MI). We hired Mary Brown from Lucky Girl Weddings as our DOC. She has also been helping us with planning along the way. I like it because she has been taking care of the small details for us and will leave us and our families/wedding party completely freed up on the day of the wedding. As far as the level, I think that depends on how often you plan to come to MI. We had our reception and ceremony venues booked before we met Mary and then she has helped us with a lot of the rest. They will do as little or as much as you want. Mary also did my cousin's wedding last year so I got to see her in action. She did a great job with the details and kept everyone calm as well as kept things moving.
  • Options
    Bulloca2Bulloca2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laura Frank was our DOC as worth every single penny!!!!  She also does full planning and is very budget friendly. After getting married, she decided she wanted to make a career out of planning. Because of that, her prices are reasonable Laura's also helpful, organized, and friendly... perfect! Her business is called White Dress Events : http://www.thewhitedressevent.com/Another suggestions would be Jodi from In Any Event. She's going to be more expensive but she has more experience- 15 years in the business. http://www.in-any-event.org/index2.phpGL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards