Second Weddings
Options

I got my first Slam *vent*

Friday I had someone tell me why am  I making such a big deal over this wedding.  Its not like you haven't been married before.  Grrrr !!! This really pissed me off it was all because we were doing engagement photos. I am finally getting married to a man that loves me for me and we are so excited kinda like high school kids with all the planning!  Why can't people just be happy for us??? I just don't understand it. Neither of us had done  engagement photos before and our family really wanted pictures as did we why is that wrong to some people. Anyway .... we had a lot of fun doing them and I have more to put in our bio but they are in the photo gallery of my bio if you wanna check them out!!!

Re: I got my first Slam *vent*

• Options
    jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks.  I had a couple people ask the "are you wearing white" question, but generally, I didn't have to deal with any crap.  Some people are just a$$holes, plain and simple.Your pictures are really cute.  I wish we had gotten some made.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oooooohhhhh...was it ktjanesmom?  Because that lady has followed me around to different boards just to bash me...I'm still amazed that people can be so ignorant....best of luck to you guys and anyone that has to go around on chat boards bashing people is not one to be bothered with.
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my.  Well, first, you have to develop "the look" as we call it on this board.   The icy stare of death.  If you have kids, you'll know what I mean.  The one that you give your kids when they're acting out in public.  The one that stops them dead in their tracks.  And then here's the statement I used, on several occasions:  "My, I guess you didn't mean that to sound as [fill in blank: ignorant, rude, mean, etc.] as it did."  And then go on.  And as far as some of those who criticize others for what they're wearing to their own wedding, like ktjanesmom:  it's tough to see those sorts of comments--but I figure Karma is going to come back and bite them.  You may not be around to see it, but these sorts of judgemental folks are everywhere, unfortunately.  
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pamila: Don't get upset about it, who really cares the crap some people may say on this board. You should be totally caught up with your wedding and all those special little things that you want. I am also going to get some pics taken of me and my man so that I have them in my photo's. Thats awesome that you feel so excited about this man and marrying him and if he makes you gush thats even better. Have fun planning this awesome day and have a fantastic wedding day. So whats your wedding details, colors and style and such?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Psst, pamila...even if you DID have engagement photos before- you could still have them this time.  You don't HAVE TO HAVE A REASON to do something wedding-y at any point.  ~Donna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so happy for you....I run into it all the time.  Those perople that do that not only are rude but jealous.  Some feel that if they are unhappy than everyone should be that way too!  I am in the same position you are...I couldn't be happier and we both are very excited and are planning like crazy.  Just enjoy each other don't worry about we others think ....this is for you two to enjoy and celebrate!  By the way love the dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just goes to show you who is supportive of you - or not!  My mother's aunt has already gasped at the idea that I'm having a wedding reception after being widowed but it was totally fine for her own daughter to have an extravagant affair for her 2nd marriage after being divorced.  Do what makes YOU happy. 
    Mommy of Two Boys
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alysa,I'm so sorry that you lost your first husband--I can't even imagine what that would be like.  I just wanted to warn you that you may want to change your screen name--there are nuts on these boards, and it's pretty dangerous to give them anything to go on, whether it's an e-mail address or anything similar.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I didn't look at this until now.  It wasn't on the board it was in my office.  One of my fellow co-workers.  Which I have realized is really unhappy and I don't think she wants anyone to be happy around her. Thank you ladies for your support!    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And, she is probably EXTREMELY jealous that your pictures look so GREAT! Congratualtions. I would just tell her, well, it IS a big deal, what's YOUR problem?!?!? LOL. I had a very close friend (48 yrs old mind you) that started dating her bf 3 months before I met mine. We traveled together, supported each other through single teenage parenthood, etc. She said she would never want to get marreid again...ok, fine, whatever. Once FI and I became engaged, she stopped calling every other day, and now maybe calls once a week...does not want to know or hear about any wedding details (fine, no problem there) and told me, don't waste your time or money on fancy invites, people just read them and throw them away. When I asked when she was flying in for the wedding, she asked what time it was, and said, maybe she woudl fly in (from NY to FL) the morning of and will fly out the next morning...lol. I was hurt, but got over it. Her BF said, he didn't know what she was doing, but he will be there two days before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Thats crazy! Funny what he said though. Thank you very much for your kind words.   
  • Options
    breeen1224breeen1224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too have been asked why we are doing engagement photos and was I going to wear white. I was a little annoyed but  I have noticed MOST of the "girls" on this board are in their early twenties and have not yet experienced what we have. I may be out of line with this next comment but.... I would like to look them up in about 5-10 years and see how many of them are still married???We are doing what makes us happy and that's all that matters. You just have to brush off the comments and move on. Your pics look great. We are doing ours next Saturday on the beach. We are both very excited!!Have a great night everyone!!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never considered not doing them.  My FI has never been married--why should he miss out on things just because I've been married before.  People need to grow up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to wait 5 to 10 years to see what happens to the 20 somethings.  Just go over to TIP now. 
  • Options
    gonnabebidgonnabebid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have so been facing an issue similar to this, but mine is coming from my father.  I am only 27 and got married the first time when I was 21.  My FI and I are planning a really nice wedding and reception and my father says he does not see what the fuss is about since we have both been married before.  He thinks we should just go to the court house, but that is so not what I am want or what I am having!  People tell me all the time I look to young to be have been married and already divorced! I hate it that people are so judgmental without knowing the painful story that caused my divorce the first time. I say do what you want, don't listen to what others say!!
  • Options
    crysnewcrysnew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well part of it probably has to do with the fact that so much fuss and money was spent for your 1st wedding, why go through the major project again. I can understand that. For me, I wanted fewer attendants than guests, immediate family only and knee length dresses. Since this is his first, I said anything he wants. Which is small (200+ guests), 7 attendants, white tails. He's been looking at rings for months. Still, it is YOUR wedding. If you want to go through the money, time and effort to make this ceremony memorable for you, go for it. Just because it's not a first wedding, it is the first for the two of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards