California-Inland Empire

another post about me hahaha

Also- we've been pretty...I guess down is the right word about the MOH/BM situation and we've recently found out some people that we thought would be there for sure aren't coming to the wedding. Today a friend of ours, someone who we weren't even sure would be coming to the wedding, called Mark and was like  "with everything going on, I thought maybe I could throw your b-party" idk it made me feel really good...that he cared enough to WANT to be a part of everything. Like Amber, when you offered to throw me a bparty that meant so much to me! It means a lot to me that you guys care and have been good friends :)It's looking like we may have some open seats on the big day, so I will definitely try to get at least some of you guys there :)anyway- my point was sometimes people you think are your best friends may not care as much as you'd like, but then there are people that care and are better friends when you'd least expect it :)

Re: another post about me hahaha

• edited December 2011
    I've still got my party hat on. Just give me the signal and its on! I totally know what you mean though. There are people that I thought were good friends of mine and after the wedding I realized that I was way off. Those same people tried to make the day about them and it really hurt.  On the other hand, I had people stepping in and helping and yet I always thought if them as a "kind of" friend. It has really made me realize who my real friends are.
  • edited December 2011
    exactly! It's like it forces you to get your priorities straight on who is REALLY your friend!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely know where you're coming from too! And its not only friends but family too.  I've had cousins who I was bridesmaids for when they were married and I was super helpful and always there for them... and now that it's my turn.  I maybe talk to them once a month and they don't ask me about wedding stuff, and I dont want to be annoying girl always talking wedding.  It really hurts my feelings sometimes, because I always try and help them out w/ there parties, but O well.  Makes me think like maybe I chose the wrong people... At least I chose the right FI. :D  I'm still so glad that I have the 'other BFF' that I do because although she's not in an 'ideal' circumstance she still tries to help me out as much as possible.  Oooo and my momma, couldn't do it w/out her.  Okay I'm sorry, I so made this post which was supposed to be about you about me... Ooopsies.
  • edited December 2011
    Sadly, my sister was one of the hardest people too through the whole process. It made me realize that maybe it was time that I stopped making all the effort to be close to her. Some people are just so selfish and weddings seem like the worst time to act that way. I try to just see it as at least I found out now and not later in life
  • edited December 2011
    No I totally know what you mean CM! It's really shocking sometimes to see how people who have been saying for years "when are you guys getting married" start acting once you are getting married. My grandma and grandpa have been calling every couple months for YEARS wanting to know when the wedding is, since we set a date they were calling weekly wanting their invite. Since it's been sent I've heard nothing! today was my RSVP date for my list A and I STILL havent gotten theirs....wtf?
  • edited December 2011
    Exactly Amber! My oldest brother told my mom he isnt coming because he might buy a house soon...and my middle brother tells me a few weeks ago how he doesnt want to come to my wedding because he doesnt want people talking about how he is my loser brother...seriously?!?! yeah that's all anyone is going to be talking about at MY wedding-YOU! I was so freaken pissed!
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah Amber that sounds exactly like me and my sister.  I feel like I'm always trying so hard to be close with her.  I haven't officially chose my bm's yet but it seems obvious to me the my MOH should be my only sister.  I'm just having issues with it because I cant trust her with anything! and on top of that 9 days out of 10 she ignores me altogether.  but at the same time, if i chose someone else it just wouldnt feel right to me.  idk, its a sticky situation. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    I also understand were you are coming from. Recently one of my "bffs" forgot my bday. Whatever, it happens so I blew it off. So, I called her two days later to make plans to hang out and catch up. I left a message because she didn't answer and I never heard back from her. About a week later she left me a message on my FACEBOOK saying sorry about forgetting my bday!! On Facebook!  She JUST called (I didn't answer so she left a message) yesterday to apologise for being such a crappy friend. My bday was June 21st. Yeah, more than a month later...thanks. I am the one that puts in all the effort into our friendship anyways and quite frankly I'm done doing it. I still havent called her back. I don't want to and I don't need people like that in my life. Another one of my good friends blew me off too. My mom use to tell me that if you can count the amount of friends you have on one hand then you are truely blessed. I have to totally agree because good friends are REALLY hard to come by.

• edited December 2011
    Oh, and that is really cool that your FI's/your's friend wants to throw FI a bparty =)

• edited December 2011
    that is pretty crappy! but that's how a lot of our friends are...we usually do something for everyone's bday but when it comes to ours its usually just Mark and I... Good for you for taking a stand!
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They say that you find out who your true friends are when you plan a wedding.  And, that could not be more true.  But, it's hard to experience this situation and realize that people who you thought were great friends, may not be as great. You know, as you get older, your circle of friends will change.  I believe that people come in and out of your life for different reasons.  Some of my best friends now, are people that I've met in the last 8 years--since I've been teaching.  People serve a purpose and when it's done, it's done.  =)
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This also happened with me it made me realize who would be there for me. The sad part is I didn't really feel like anyone went above and beyond for me... And I swear I wasn't a bridezilla :p
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sandra, I felt the same way!  I was the only one of all the girls who was on time to the venue for pictures. They were all late and we didn't get any great daytime shots because of it.  I also had to do 3 of my BM's make-up because they had no clue what to do or how to make it look good.  But, I had to suck it up.  I tried not to let any of this in the way of who I was at the wedding for-my husband. =)
  • edited December 2011
    With all the wedding insanity, I don't know what I'd do without my knot support system :) ::group hug::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards