Not Engaged Yet
Options

New Intro & Thanks

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I would introduce myself.  My and the b/f have been dating for 4 1/2 years and have lived together for 2.  We met in college through mutual friends and have been each others best friends since.  After being together for so long I can get a bit antsy about getting married and am beyond sick of everyone I know asking us when we are getting married.  I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this board for helping me realize I'm not the only one out there!  You have helped me regain my focus on my wonderful relationship and that I dont need the ring to make me happy, I already have the person that does that, so why feel rushed.  Thank you all again!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New Intro & Thanks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards! You sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders :o)  Did you both go to the same college?
  • Options
    Jerzeygrl329Jerzeygrl329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, we met at Bryant University in RI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in your boat for a long time. And have been with my bf for over four years and was not anxious to get married. But then my best friend got engaged and after that I couldn't help but start thinking about marriage for myself.  It didn't help she started mailing me pictures out of magazine that of cakes and dresses she thought appropriate for my wedding!But to be fair I think it more had to do with my boyfriend and I being in the right stage finally (me done with my Masters and him done with his bachelors), but seeing my friends ring, and going dress shopping surely didn't help.I warn you that being on the knot does not help either....so I have a feeling that the fact that you are lurking around means a wedding in the not too distant future might be on your mind?However, I completely agree that marriage should never be rushed. And hopefully once you are married you will be married for the rest of your life, so you may as enjoy the non-married days as long and full as you can.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I will echo that being on the knot can make you a little wedding crazy.  Although after awhile you kind of "get over it" so to say and put it on the back burner.But anyways, welcome welcome!  My fiance(ah so weird to type that) and I met in college and have really grown together in our relationship!  Again, welcome and try not to get too wedding/engagement crazy!
  • Options
    Jerzeygrl329Jerzeygrl329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, you caught me!  I do have weddings on the brain, all my roomates from college are getting engaged / married so it's definately been on my mind a bunch.  I'm actually going to a wedding today for one of them.  However,  me and the b/f have been discussing getting married for a while now & he's been saving up. So it's not way off base to be thinking about it.  After 4 1/2 years we've done all the major discussion, ie kids, finances, where to "settle down", so I'm pretty confident that we are on the right track and things will be happening soon.  I'm just trying to not get hung up on the "how soon", because whether he waits another day or another few months he has made it quite clear that it's coming and that I just need sit back and enjoy the ride until then!btw sillykaren, congrats on getting engaged!!! Your ring is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Catherine7564Catherine7564 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • Options
    angelgurl798angelgurl798 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards! I am totally with you on the whole "when are you getting married" questions. It gets annoying after awhile so it's nice to have this site where we can all share with others in our same boat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards