Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Parkway West

Ok. I think I am changing my mind about my reception site. I found Parkway West just by doing some research online. It seems pretty nice, a little bit more our budget, and we have a meeting to check it out on Tuesday. Has anyone heard of it? It is on Shawnee Mission Parkway. Any reviews, good or bad, would help!! Thanks :)

Re: Parkway West

• Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, I would be careful with them...We originally booked them for our reception. We liked it when we went to look at it. It's pretty, and the price is pretty good. You can either get the food through them or bring in your own caterer. I liked the flexibility of that, and their catering prices were reasonable, too. The alcohol has to  be through them.We got a call about 3 weeks after I booked it, though, that they had double-booked our date. Apparently, someone had to move their date, and moved it to the same as mine. Even though we had a deposit in for my date, the other person still counted as first because they had a deposit for their original date in first. They didn't really offer to do much about it, and wouldn't give us a discount, so we ended up changing venues.That's just my experience, though. I'm sure some people have had good experiences with them, but I thought you should know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them and didn't have a problem but then they had a planner so I wonder it the pp was caught in a planner change. I would just get everything in writing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards