South Carolina-Charleston
Options

folly beach brides

If you're getting married on Folly Beach what section of the beach are you getting married/time of day/time of year?I'm getting married in Oct. and i still dont have an exact spot pinned down. I wanted to go to the north end near the Morris Island Lighthouse but it's sooo windy every time i've been there. Yes, I know the beach is windy any time of day and any time of the year, but not as bad like it is near the lighthouse. So I'm a little worried about setting up ceremony there. Any suggestions?TIA!

Re: folly beach brides

• Options
    shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the house we rented is a few houses up from that site...its not too bad on that spot and we checked it out in february!
  • Options
    MrsMilks_101MrsMilks_101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on the 17th of October. I have no idea where to have the ceremony. I was thinking the same location because of previous wedding pictures I saw. I was also worried about the parking for the guest, we are not renting a house. The reception is at the Holiday Inn. I was worried about the parking for the guest if we get married down there? Any suggestions please help me also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For parking, I am planning on renting a school bus from Durham Bus Services (this is the company that the Charleston County Public Schools use) It's a 4hr min. but it's only $50 an hr and the 4 hrs can be split up... so we're planning on doing 2hrs for guest pick up at our reception hall and driven down to the ceremony & then 2hrs near the end of the reception to drive our wedding party (or any others that need it) home since they'll be drinking. FI called and got all that info a few weeks ago so I'm hoping it'll work out this way. He said they told him they are the newer, nicer buses (and some have AC) so, fingers crossed this will work how i'm hoping. If anyone misses the bus they can park in the last public parking lot (which has like maybe 20 spots). I was also told by a lady I contacted from the Folly Beach website that cars can park on the side of the road as long as all tires are off the road & obviously not blocking driveways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards