California-San Diego
Options

No Kids

Hello,We are trying to get our guest list down and the only way I can figure to do it is to have it an adult only wedding =(What is the best way to inform people- no kids, you dont put in invitation do you?Thanks for the help

Re: No Kids

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Address the invitations just to the adults or I think on the invite you can have with adult reception to follow if you want to allow kids at the ceremony but not the reception. We're trying to figure this out too only ours is going to be even tricker because we're allowing family's kids since their going to be flying in from CO and we have a 2 and 1/2 year old but with the venue we love and a reception till midnight we're only want kids of the family. Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My invitations will say "adult reception to follow". Hope this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    chavezknightchavezknight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, my ceremony and reception are at the same place, so they will not be able to go to either.  Also, I do want my imediate family to bring my nieces/nephews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our invitations we put, for example, "Mr & Mrs. David Smith" on the envelope. And then inside on the RSVP card we put "We have reserved 2 seats in your honor." We are allowing our close relatives bring their kids, but not anyone else. And if they don't like that, too bad. lol it gets expensive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a wedding website? I added an FAQ section to mine and stated that the invitation will indicate whether or not their child will be invited to the ceremony.
  • Options
    daniellepandadaniellepanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On our invites we listed only the adults names, and our invitations have our website address. On the website we wrote under reception & ceremony info : adults only ceremony and reception. Also some people don't quite "get it"and in that case you may need to just tell them yourself there is no kids coming. For us it helped that our wedding was at night so i told my niece who wanted to bring her baby " oh well its going to be pretty late to have the baby out, and since no other kids are coming you should get a sitter and enjoy the night out" She took it fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its tacky to put "no kids" on the invite.  We invited people who we knew had kids but we made it known (via the family grapevine) that people with kids were STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to hire babysitters for the night since kids were not welcome at the reception.  We also got married on a sunday night so that alone was a deterrent to keep people from bringing their kids since we got married during the school year.We lucked out and had no one under the age of 18 at our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried to tell my fiancee that the only kids I wanted at the wedding were my future niece & nephew - they're the flower girl & the ring bearer. But several friends and family of hers will be coming from out of town, and I REALLY, REALLY don't want them to bring their kids. They're holy terrors and the wedding will be all about how they couldn't keep their hands out of the wedding cake, or that they were opening presents that were brought to the wedding, or that they were messing with the DJ equipment or something. But she wants them all there, and I am not going to start a fight over it. I'm just going to let it go, because I don't want to start a war of the families (several of which I'll be meeting for the first time).Basically, every time I've asked (on the national boards) this question, it's always met by Little Miss Etiquettes or snarky brides telling me to suck it up and that I MUST invite kids, that I can't NOT invite them; if I don't want the kids there, I'm not supposed to invite the adults. Me, personally, I'd just put it on the invite/RSVP card the names of the adults, and if they ask if the kids can come, tell them that it's adults only, no kids...To Hades with the etiquette. I'd rather everyone that was invited had a good time instead of a few having a good time because everyone was made miserable by devil children. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards