Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Question re: Program if BM Drops-Out

I just found out one of my bridesmaids is unable to be in the wedding. My question is... do I leave her name in the program? Or should I remove it before it's printed? I just dropped-off the program file this morning to be printed, but I haven't gotten a proof yet, so know I can still make changes if I need to. What do you think?

Re: Question re: Program if BM Drops-Out

• Options
    KERJFKERJF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It probably depends on her reasons for dropping out, and whether you personally still want to honor her as a BM.  Since you haven't printed the programs up, you certainly have the option to remove her name, but you don't HAVE to...  It's really up to you. I had a BM drop out, and I didn't list her in the program.  But she dropped out for pretty lame reasons, so I didn't feel compelled to acknowledge her in the program.  If I had a BM drop out for a really legitimate reason, or due to some tragedy in her personal life, etc. etc. I might go ahead and leave her name in.
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a guest, I would be wondering where 4th (or whatever number) BM was.  Was she late to the ceremony? Was there a last-minute falling out? Did I miss something? Personally, if you can still take her name off, that's what I would do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will she still be coming to the wedding?  I would leave her name if there was a good reason for her not being able to be in the wedding.  If she just decided she didn't want to be in the wedding anymore, then I would take her name off.One of my sister's bm's was going to be 8.5 months pregnant so she did not get a dress nor walk/stand at the alter.  My sister left her name on the program as she still came and was in pictures, etc she just did not walk in the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She definitely has a legitimate reason... she is having complications post-pregnancy and decided it would be best not to be in the wedding party. Though I'm not sure at this point whether she plans to still attend or not.I am thinking about keeping her listed to honor her as a BM, even if she can't be there... but as someone else mentioned, I didn't want to leave guests wondering where the 4th person is either.
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would keep her listed to honor her since it's a legit reason.  (Our RB might not have been able to travel to MN to be in our wedding - custody issues - but we left him in either way to honor the fact that it was his "job" in our wedding.  It would also be a nice memento for him when he got older. --He was in fact able to attend, so it's a good thing we left him in!)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could adjust the wording to reflect the fact that she's not there, maybe add in absentia or something?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards