Maryland-Baltimore

Eyelashes?!?

Did anyone one or is anyone getting these done for the wedding?? My makeup artist showed me her album of eyelashes and how much better they make your eyes look in pictures, but i'm not sure i can justify spending that much $$!!!I know that you can go to a cheap nail place and get them done but im thinking if im going to get them i might as well get them done well. just $300 is a lot to spend on eyes....

Re: Eyelashes?!?

• edited December 2011
    $300 seems like an awful lot of money...that's just for one person to get lashes and nothing else? I think lashes look really nice and am going to get them myself, but they are included in the price of my entire makeup, which is about of third of that. Personally, I wouldn't pay that for lashes, if that's what she charges you might be better off getting them done somewhere else beforehand.
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you referring to lash extensions, or false lashes?
  • edited December 2011
    That is for lash extentions...she said it takes about 1.5-2 hours tahts why it is so costly.... From the pictures I have seen I really like them and am considering the option of getting them done elsewhere...I would feel bad doing that though cause she is a best friend of my friend and has been very helpful and easy to work with.Where are you getting yours done if you dont mind me asking?
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally haven't had my makeup trial yet, I'm using Baltimore Bridal Hair & Makeup and false lashes are included if I decide to have them.  I understand that lash extensions are much more costly though, so I'm not sure whether you could find somewhere to do them for significantly less than $300.  They do last for a while though!
  • edited December 2011
    ok so there is a big difference in false vs extention....ugh, how can this be so complicated, they are just eyelashes :)
  • edited December 2011
    oh, ok, I thought you were talking about just the fake lashes, not the lash extensions.  I am getting the fake lashes done by Nicole Palermo, who is doing my makeup.  How long will the extensions last afterwards? Is it something that would be worth it to you to have them for awhile?
  • edited December 2011
    Lash extentions last as long as the course of your natural eyelash...which she said is about 60 days, but each eyelash is different. so one eyelash might fall out in 4 days, one might be in 58 days...just depends on the lash...
  • edited December 2011
    i am paying 125 for make-up trial AND falsies that last a day...I love them....if they are included in your package go for it...300 is a bit pricey!
  • edited December 2011
    If it were me, I'd just stick with the fake ones! 
  • edited December 2011
    I am waiting to hear back from the make-up lady. I wrote her asking if the only difference is how long they last...cause if so FAKE here i come. But if they look cheaper or not as good then its back to square one...
  • edited December 2011
    PIB of the fake ones...I think they look good!
  • edited December 2011
    oh they look good! i wonder if her salon does those as well?  who knew eyelashes could be so complicating?
  • edited December 2011
    she just added a few to the outer lashes....not a full set so I think that helped make them look more natural
  • edited December 2011
    Falsies would probably be ok.  I don't think make up artists are in the business of using the full strip anymore, but good to check with your make up artist.I am having extensions, but a family friend is doing them for a small cost.
  • edited December 2011
    well i am officially jealous, cause $300 is not a small cost :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should ask your friend just about doing the individual fake lashes, I'm sure if she can do the extensions she can do these kind as well. They'd be a lot cheaper, you really only need them for the wedding day, after that you won't be getting professionally photographed, so who cares if they're not there after.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah, I sent her an email- thats my newest plan. Thank you all for your input :)
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got the lash extensions and while they definitely did lengthen her lashes, she said she hated them because they were really uncomfortable. It wasn't just uncomfortable getting the extensions, but dealing with them on a daily basis with sleeping, wearing contacts, etc. Plus, they really didn't look natural.I used false eyelashes for my wedding, and I think it was a great idea. My make up artist added them for something like $15, and they looked quite natural. Like others have said, she didn't use a whole strip, just a few towards the outer edges. They especially made the pictures look really good, and they did not look fake at all, as hard as that is to believe. I say go for fake!
  • HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole did mine.  Just 6 lashes add to each eye.  You can see in my bio pictures of them on, and then off for my trial.  I went with them for my wedding and loved the look.
  • HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    under other attire.  I thought during the trial they looked like a bit much, but day of all done up with the dress and everything I think they looked much better.  However they were included, I don't think I would pay $300 for them!
  • tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get nice false eyelashes from MAC or other makeup places.  They look just as nice in pictures and aren't nearly as expensive.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting eyelash extensions done at Colours in Timonium.  It's only $45 there and that is a nice salon.
  • edited December 2011
    Who'd have thought eyelashes would be such a controversial topic?
  • edited December 2011
    I know, i had no idea it was going to be such a big topic!!! i was laughing yesterday cause i was excited my topic had a "star"! i was worried i wasnt going to get anything from the question! Thanks to everyone who has helped me- decision made, fake lashes it is :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards