Florida-North Florida
Options

AW: BM Dress Shopping

One of my bridesmaids and I went dress shopping today and picked out 3 favorites.  I still have 3 more BMs to go dress shopping with, but if you're interested check out my blog for the 3 we chose.Also, what do you think of floor-length dresses for an outdoor March wedding?  Do you think they're going to be too hot?  My favorite is floor-length, but I'm worried.

Re: AW: BM Dress Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i really like the third one a lot especially since its an outside march wedding.
  • Options
    katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think floor length is a problem. Have you had your girls try on the DB mix and match separates? We went with the satin long skirt and strapless top, and they look great on everyone (and my girls have different body types.) Best thing is everyone needed different top and bottom sizes, so this avoided alteration costs of the one piece long dresses. If you havent tried them i would!!
  • Options
    jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the floor length gown, I don't think it would be too hot in March. I don't really like the neck iine in your second choice. The third I LOVE, but that's also the dress I bought for my rehearsal dress, so I'm partial to it. I have it in black and white and it's a great length.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm partial to number 1. I think it looks the best and is very elegant.
  • Options
    brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like #3 the best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like 1 the best, and it could be shortened if you really didn't want the length. I like three if it were part of a group with solids. I think all in that pattern would be too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my girls all wore floor length gowns for my March 21st wedding.  None of them were too hot wearing it and our ceremony was outside.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the thoughts on the dress ladies.  I really love the first one and I think that's probably what we're going to go with if it looks good on all the girls.
  • Options
    duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    March is so iffy, weatherwise, that I wouldn't factor it in at all. Could be warm, could be cool. Just get what you like :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Duncan -- That's what I was thinking.  It could be 40 degrees or it could be 90 degrees.  There is no telling here.
  • Options
    brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Navy, the weather could definitely go either way (same for my wedding) but check out The Farmers Almanac to see the average for your day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for that site Britt.  It said last year was around 65 degrees, which would be pretty perfect.
  • Options
    duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sigh, the Farmer's Almanac... how many times we checked that obsessively. *memories*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards