California-Orange County
Options

Braces or Implants

I'm just posting to ask for the opinion of the people of the online community. I have two friends that are getting married and were planning to get their soon to be wives breast implants as gifts, but one of our girlfriend's, as a part of our conversation, suggested braces, and we were all dumbfounded. After giving the weird suggestion some thought, I realize that the womens' teeth aren't that great actually and was wondering if there's something to her suggestion. I realize that a person's smile is quite important, but I'm a guy, and breast implants...So what're your opinions?

Re: Braces or Implants

• Options
    ashley010525ashley010525 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    seriously? omg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my fi got me implants.. and it is the best gift ever because trying to fill out a dress would have been my worst nightmare.. but if your friend is most self conscious of her teeth.. then he should get her braces. whatever will make her feel the most beautiful on her special day
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol random
  • Options
    jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say that if any man suggested I get breast implants, I would suggest he try pen!s enlargement! What the F kind of "gift" is that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    to me it was a great gift because its something i've always wanted.. and it happened to be the perfect time to get it done.. however if your fiancee has not expressed any interest in them.. then i wouldn't do it. but for my situation, it just means i will look that much better in my dress.. which is important to me.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    zeesbridezeesbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take braces over implants any day!! The way I see it is you cant stuff your teeth but you can inhance your breasts :) I think if either of those things are a constant worry to a girl she would be greatful and not offended. Just my .02 though. I have always hated my smile and if MH had suggested braces as a gift I would have JUMPED on the chance to have them straight before my wedding.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    NDAshleyNDAshley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the one respondents said it best, and this goes for braces OR implants: if the girl has not expressed a desire to have her teeth or breast fixed, I wouldn't suggest it to her! That would make her feel awful to know her fiance thinks her teeth are messed up or her boobs are too small!!But that said, if she did express the desire to have it done, why not!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your opinions. Well, to me, these are actually common gifts, well, I mean breast implants. However, I would would love more feedback because braces is a new one, and at least one of you think it's a great idea. My friends and I are still debating this; I wonder if any other people are having the same debate? Again, that's why I am consulting the forums!To my understanding, if I were to suggest implants or cosmetic dentistry to anyone, it would not be to insult them. I personally would accept getting my not so perfect smile fixed, and as for the breast implants...I was going to say...if I were...a gir...but I am going to be bold and say, if someone wanted to pay for my penis enhancement, hell, I'd give it at least some consideration! Haha. That's not the point. Some of my friends are saying, either gifts' have their own pros and cons. What pros and cons can you all think of that are associated with braces or breast implants? Thank you all again for your feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards