Not Engaged Yet
Options

new here and excited/anxious

I started lurking here when my best friend was planning her wedding. Until recently i started lurking on the NYE. I have been with my bf for 2 years now and of course i know he's the one. We know we're getting married and for about 6 months he's been telling me i am going to get a ring "soon". Ok "soon" to a woman is a couple weeks. "soon" to a man may be a couple years? That was 6 months ago.  i dunno? LoL i'm not impatient at all just overly excited. Well a couple days ago he came home (we live together) and he had just gotten off the phone with his mom. She asked him when he was giving me a ring half kidding and he told her something and told her we were getting married and she's estatic! She was half kidding because he's a guy and doesn't really talk to his mom about that stuff. I think she was fishing for some info. And he said this is why he doesnt tell her stuff because she gets CRAZY excited. She asked if he'd do it before x-mas. I didn't get to hear the answer! I was kinda trying to change the subject because i dunno, i mean i want to know it's gonna happen but i dont wanna ruin any surprise. Or talk about it a bunch before.. he likes to talk plans and what not and im the type that doesn't want to plan anyhting before it's official. So long story short, i think it's going to happen before christmas and i'm so excited, happy. I can't even sleep thinking about how it's all going to go down... it's somewhat surreal to me. Things like this don't happen to me.. i'm on cloud nine and the days seem to go so slow now. Do they know how much they drive us nuts with anticipation? Seriously.... to end i'll just say i love him and so thankful for him. I'll wait forever if i have to but i'd rather not! :) It's great to know all of you are out there anxiously awaiting also. Truly, a big comfort.

Re: new here and excited/anxious

• Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who loves orange soda? (Props to anyone who gets that)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    k-k-k-kel loves orange soda!!!!!!Welcome to the boards KelKel :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keenan in Kell!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Yeah, mine has been saying its going to happen by the end of august....but I don't believe him to be honest with you...because he's trying to pay things off before hand...so I think it will be next year for me yet!
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahah yesssss! My boyfriend never knows what I'm talking about when I say "Who loves orange soda," but he remembers "Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can I take your order?".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Panda, I couldn't figure out the orange soda thing, even though I could hear it in my head... "Whoooo loves orange soooda?"And I'm like OMG I DON"T REMEMBER! WHO LOVES IT? SOMEONE LOVES IT!Ah, good ol' Nickelodeon. Back in the day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who loves orange soda? I do I do I doooo ooooooo! lol!!! that show was crazy...Welcome kelkel... don't drive yourself too crazy thinking about it. congrats! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Romys, try not to think about it so much.  You will just stress yourself out and get disappointed.  I am sure it will happen when you least expect it.  Just enjoy the fact that you have a loving, supportive partner to spend your life with.  You know he isn't going anywhere, he is committed to you.  It could be worse right?  You could be dare I say it....DATING!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards