Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

how guests get from ceremony to reception

I'm thinking of a reception at Battista's which is a good distance from Mandalay Bay- where we will have the ceremomy. How do you get your guests to a reception?  Is it tacky to have them get/pay for their own taxi?  How did you/will you (bride/groom) get to a reception that is somewhere other than where your ceremony is?  taxi/limo?  Is it worth it to get a limo just for a short ride?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: how guests get from ceremony to reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are personally renting a 24-passenger bus to take our group from Mandalay to the Palazzo. It will have to make 2 trips, so we booked for 2 hrs which should allow us and the wedding party to get on 1st, stop by the sign, and then head to Palazzo. Then the 2nd trip can be picked up. We also booked it for 1 hour for the return. While I don't necessarily think its tacky to have them figure their own way out, we knew that nobody would have cars, and we REALLY didnt want drinking and driving afterwards. We thought this was a nice touch for our guests and not super expensive. We are using Belltrans, which hasnt always received the best reviews, but as long as they get us there and back I am not expecting any royal treatment.
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we were getting married at home I would expect my guests to make their own way to the reception venue. For some reason, I feel the need to look after them more as we have decided on a destination wedding. In the end we decided to hire a party bus for a strip tour with our guests, though I don't think any of them would mind getting a cab back to the hotel if we weren't doing this. I suppose it depends what you're most comfortable with and what you think your guests would expect
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My guests were responsible for getting themselves to the reception.  We had our reception at Battista's and our wedding was at the Flamingo (which is right around the corner) BUT there was 2 hours in between.  No one complained and everyone got there on time.
  • Options
    NesJasNesJas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All our our guests drove to Vegas and the only ones that need a ride were Me/DH and our two Best Men. My parents drove us and my aunt too the guys. No one complained about the drive, it was a little ways but everyone came and was happy.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't thought about it yet, but I'm thinking I'll leave it up to themselves. FI and I have a ride with our chapel package, so maybe we'll offer up a ride to the parents. I don't know. '
  • Options
    ms_mogwaims_mogwai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception venues are close, but not walkable. We're asking guests to make their own way to the reception. There'll be one and a half hours between them and I like that guests will be free to have a drink or a gamble, go back to their room to freshen up or change shoes or whatever before taking a mere $8 cab ride to the Palms. If the distance were further or the time between ceremony and reception shorter, then we would lay on some transport.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm arranging for transportation for all the guests from the hotel to the ceremony (COF) and then back to the hotel.  The reception dinner will be 3 hours later so I am going to leave it up to the guests to grab a cab there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am struggling with this as well. Most of my guest are out of town guests and my ceremony and reception are about 20 to 25 minutes away from the strip.  I am inviting them to the wedding if it were anywhere else they would find their own way wouldn't they?  I am not sure what to do.  I have figured out that is will cost me $230 for round trip for them in a bus transport. Then the driver still needs tipped. This is through the grove.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you were having a wedding at home, then guests would drive themselves. I think it is nice if you have the budget, but I do not think it is expected.
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because my ceremony is way off strip (at a church) FI and I will be providing transportation to the ceremony and then back to the strip for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've booked 2 hummer limos for 1 hr each for our 33 guests. We are stopping at the Vegas Sign for photos before going onto the reception
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards