Jewish Weddings
Options

Invitation to Rabbi & Cantor

Our officiating rabbi has already said he doesn't attend wedding receptions (based on temple politics).  That being said, should I still send an actual invitation to him and his wife, even though I know he won't attend the festivities?

Re: Invitation to Rabbi & Cantor

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The general rule is that you always send an invitation to your officiant(s), even though they will probably not attend.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i don't know - if he's already said that he will not be attending, it might be unnecessary to send him an invite, but i don't think it would really matter either way.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, please sent invitations to your officiants. It is appropriate to plan to include them in the festivities (hopefully you have a good relationship with them), and it should be up to them whether or not they decide to attend (especially for temple politics!). And if I follow what you're asking for your situation, the cantor would get one and the rabbi wouldn't? That would just be awkward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oh i missed the part about the cantor, if you're sending an invite to the cantor than i'd def. include the rabbi as well. 
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards