Oregon
Options

Scenic/Fun/Traditional Photo Spots in Downtown Portland Suggestions?

My wedding is March 20, 2010. Its anyone's guess what the weather will be. I need some suggestions as to where we should do an hour of photos after the 330pm wedding? We were thinking the Pittock mansion, Washington park and the waterfront. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

Re: Scenic/Fun/Traditional Photo Spots in Downtown Portland Suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Park blocks are my favorite. I love all the buildings that are around, especially because a lot of the are so old. Assuming its not pouring (which really who knows, LOL) I would do some there.
  • Options
    summerslaosummerslao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is the same day.  I've also been worrying about weather.  I'd love to get some cool downtown shots w/ all the old buildings but who knows in Portland.  My photographer has some ideas, she uses a covered parking lot that has open sides so you get glimpes of outdoors.  It kind of has a more urban feel to it.  Depends what you're looking for.  A lot the hotels downtown have cool lobbies too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a bunch of our engagement pictures under the Morrison (I think the morrison?) Bridge.  Sort of down by the montage. 

There was a lot of concrete and brick and it was a lot of fun.  Plus, if it's raining, the bridge will keep you sort of dry. ;)
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting Married on April 1st and are hoping for sun that day too!!!   We are planning on taking our after-ceremony pics in the Park Blocks and inside the lobby of the Governor Hotel.  We had our engagement session at the Pittock and down in the Industrial area down by Montage, and they came out super nice!!!!  If you can make a short cruz over to The Grotto-off of Sandy Blvd. (i think)-that is another completely beautiful hidden gem here in Portland.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tanner Springs Park in the Pearl is goregous and has some nice architectural pieces for an interesting background.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love the "in the rain" pictures i've seen... i say grab an umbrella and take a few down at the waterfront- as long as there is no visible garbage in the Willamette anyways :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards