Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Bridesmaid Gifts

Does anyone have any good ideas on bridesmaid gifts?  I was thinking of getting a tote bag or something embroidered with their names.  Good idea?  Normally I would probably talk with them about it ...but obviously can't in this situation!  I know most people do wedding jewelry...I just don't know what to pick for that!

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm picking out their wedding jewelry, but my mom's also making their clutches.  I'm personalizing those to make them distinct to each BM, and then putting wedding day essentials like a travel pack of Kleenex, chapstick, and Tide-to-Go in the bags before I give them to the girls the day of.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am making them tote bags (they're super easy) and then giving them something that is special and intimate to each of my relationships with them. my one bridesmaid i love thrift shopping and dressing up with, so i am collecting all sorts of costume jewelry. one of my other friends and i have a 'thing' where we always go to at least one kansas city royals baseball game when she visits; so i'm buying baseball caps and having them embroidered with our names on them...because they are picking their own dresses they are picking their own jewelry.  :)
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In addition to thier jewelry, I too, am making something specific to each bridesmaid. Well, we all love coffee, so I went to Starbucks and got the travel mugs that you can replace the inserts in. I made each of them a cool scrap-booked page with pics of each bridesmaid and I and wrote them a little something. It's cool once you put it in. Something they will definitely use and is sentimental too. Filling it with a starbucks gift card. :) I am also treating them all to their hair and makeup for the wedding. I feel like when I've been a bridesmaid before, it's so expensive with paying for a dress here, shoes there, hair and makeup there,.. etc. etc.  And btw- found my jewelry at Charlotte Russe. They have TONS you should check it out. And it's super-affordable! :) Good luck!
  • Options
    melinachildesmelinachildes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having hair pieces/headbands made for all my bridesmaids. There are so many amazing designers on Etsy that will personalize. I'm having them made in our wedding colors (gray/yellow) and each one will be different to reflect their tastes. They are also wearing them for the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards