January 2013 Weddings

Brick Wall

Anyone else feel like they're talking to one when they talk to their FMIL?
*Raises hand*

Re: Brick Wall

• For me its not so much my FMIL so much as just everyone that is helping. It sounds bad, because they are all helping. But I get kind of sick of having to tell the same people the same things 1000 times.
  • I've been having the same conversation with my FMIL since around 10:00 this morning that consists of me telling her the same three paragraphs of information and her asking me 80 different way the same questions she asked in her first email because for some reason, "We are happy to help clean, but if you could let us know specifically when you need us because we're really busy" is impossible to understand.
  • My FI is not close to his mother and therefore, she doesn't have a relationship with me. I've extended an olive branch to her countless times to no avail. It gets hard to turn the other cheek when you're a sensitive person like I am. Now I'm tormenting myself with the thought that she won't attend my shower in two weeks and won't have the courtesy to RSVP to the hostess. I have my doubts that she'll even attend our wedding.

Oh well, what can you do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards