Not Engaged Yet
Options

What should I do?

I found the ring...or what I imagine is the ring, since it's a giant diamond ring in a pretty little box in a not-so-obvious place in his apartment. I wasn't snooping, he's just not good at hiding things/guessing what drawers I might open in my quest for toothpaste. I'm worried he'll think I was snooping if I say something though, but I'm so filled with butterflies and anxious about when he'll ask that I'm not sure I can stop myself from telling him. Not to mention I'll feel guilty if I know it's coming and have to feign surprise. Suggestions? Should I tell him I found it or just wait it out?

Re: What should I do?

• Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boy is your face gonna be red...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't say anything to him at all...and, as much as this next part is gonna suck, go about your business like you never found it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say anything either. My bf would be so disappointed if he knew I'd found the ring. Let him have his thunder and you can maybe tell him afterwards. He's obviously planning something awesome or you'd have it by now! Keep it HUSH HUSH!
  • Options
    Jerzeygrl329Jerzeygrl329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't say anything.  Let him have his moment getting to "suprise" you and pretend like you never found it.  I understand how hard it may be to pretend like you never saw it, but think about how disappointed he will be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coming from someone who peeked at her ring before it was given to me, DON'T say anything. Granted, I already knew basically what it would look like, b/c we picked out the setting together and I knew the size the stone would be...so it wasn't a huge surprise. And I wasn't looking for it, the silly man put it inside one of MY shoeboxes. Guess he didn't expect me to wear those shoes before he proposed. :) Anyway, just enjoy knowing it's there (secretly) and then let him enjoy proposing. It will still be a surprise when he does it, unless he left a "here's how I'm gonna propose" note somewhere :) I guarantee it will be wonderful!
  • Options
    Bad_BearBad_Bear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are right. Thanks! I guess I was just thinking about how hard it was going to be to fake surprise and not constantly guess when he's going to do it that I didn't think how it'd make him feel. You're right, he'd be disappointed and I don't want that at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards