Utah

How much are you spending?

Hi everyone, I am just wondering how much you are spending on photography? (If you don't mind answering) All the photographers I like range from $1,800-$3,000. My mom that seems so expensive but I think now-a-days it's about right. What do you think? (Since prices vary from state to state I figure asking withing my state would give me a better idea) Does the price include anything like an album or your engagement session? Thanks a ton!

Re: How much are you spending?

• mikosan1116mikosan1116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked a lot of the higher priced photographers, but since I have a pretty advanced knowledge of Photoshop, I found a photographer who took quality photos but didn't do a lot of touching up. I spent $545 for: engagements (full set of color and b/w prints), bridals (full set of color and b/w prints), entire day of wedding (full set of color prints), digital copies of all photos, an album with 200 photos, and 2 8x10 photos of my choice. I was very pleased with even the raw photos, I think our photographer did a great job capturing the happiness of the day, and that's what I wanted the most.
  • edited December 2011
    I spent around $2,000 which included Engagement, bridal session at Saltair, 6 hour coverage on wedding day, all digitals, and an 11x14 print. There were cheaper as well as more expensive but I absolutely LOVE who I went with so it was worth it to me. (Lindsay Jane Photography) My only advice is to go with who you love (as long as they're in your budget) because this is one thing that you'll keep forever. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We're spending $730 that includes Bridals, engagements, ceremony and reception. Our photographer is Lasting Memories by Marjean. I absolutley love her. The best thing is that's an all day price for the wedding day which is what I found the most expensive to be. She also has different packages (cheaper or more expensive) You can email me if you want her information, or I think she can be found if you google [email protected] that helps! And I would agree that's pretty steep....
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!We are going with Opie Foto, are package is $3,000 - thankfully we aren't actually paying for it - although I would have if I needed to :)
  • edited December 2011
    Great job finding someone that you felt is worth what you pay!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards