Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

vent -- rental company

Been emailing back and forth quite a bit with a rental company about vases and chair covers.  So I went to pick up a single chair cover last night to test out at my reception site (both encouraged it to make sure the covers fit well enough that they won't be in a heap on the floor by nights end).  Great, would love to!  I go to the address listed on the website, as well as on all the rental agreements they've sent to me, only to find out that I was supposed to go to the other owners house --- about 10 miles away.  Thankfully the one I met last night had a white chair cover that I could take, and I felt stupid, but then I call the first owner back (the one I was supposed to meet) and tell her.  She acts irritated and like it was my fault that I went to the wrong place --- um, hello, you didn't tell me to go anywhere else!  I check our ENTIRE thread of emails and not once did she say that I needed to go to a different address.While it isn't that big of a deal, it was so irritating to know that I just wasted that much time (esp when I find out that she lives right by my work) and then was treated like it was my fault!  Mistakes happen, she just forgot to include it in her email, but then own up to it and apologize.  Sorry, had to vent today.....grrr

Re: vent -- rental company

• Options
    jaramlerjaramler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh!  That is irritating.  I would be mad too. 
  • Options
    rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I feel better -- they just sent an email apologizing for the confusion...that's all I wanted!  Want to book them now but also want to wait until the wedding fair in Oct to see if they offer any discounts/deals....
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coincidence?! Glad you feel better - don't stress :)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one that would have been irked by this --- and they both seem like really nice people so would hate for this one thing to sway my judgement.  Plus it'd be such a great deal (though am going to wait until the Wedding Fair in Oct b/c they said they have amazing discounts that day) It was just one of those things that set my temper going -- it was hot, I was tired, I really just wanted to go home, and then to be in the wrong spot was too much for me at that point last night.  Thankfully I've since calmed and gained a better perspective --- whew!  :-)
  • Options
    NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rkroer - can you e-mail me the name of the rental company?  I think I know which one you're talking about but I want to make sure because if they're having deals at the wedding fair in october I want to wait to book until then. My e-mail is chantel dot clark at hotmail dot com.  Thanks!

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards