Moms and Maids
Options

Tropical Cruise themed bridal shower

Hi ladies,

I'm helping plan my friend's bridal shower and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to incorporate a paradise/cruise theme? The ideas I have so far include tropical flower centerpieces and folding the napkins to look like a folded cruise towel. Does anyone have some other ideas of how we can "play up" the theme?

Thanks!!!

Re: Tropical Cruise themed bridal shower

• Options
    Tropical cruise = frozen cocktails, steel drum music,  Lots of fresh fruit.

• Options
    I offered this response on your cross post from the Pre-Wedding Party Board.....

I would personally play any theme in a subtle way.  You can make your menu selections based on the theme.  You could have fresh fruits and perhaps even use hollowed fruit bases (watermelons, coconuts) as serving vessels.  You could offer seafood as the main protein.  Crab salad sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, or even a tuna salad could be made to work in a cost effective way.  Something as simple as placing umbrellas in your drinks would carry the theme as well.  Even putting out bowls of LifeSaver mints or candies, or macadamia nuts can play into your theme.  A cake could have either a tropical flavor such as coconut, or simply be plated on a graham cracker crumb base to mimic sand.

I guess a lot depends on which "portion" of the theme you want to emphasize as well  Tropical seems to have more options versus cruise ship.  Decorations can be either as simple as incorporating bright, bold colors, or finding a pretty floral pattern to infuse. 
  • Options
    You could shower her in tropical petals and surprise her and or sprinkle them in the room to add to the tropical feel/theme. You can use bougainvillea petals these come in a lot of different colours as well. They won't stain and are biodegradable so no worries.

If you are interested in these petals you can check out this vendor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards