Connecticut
Options

STD Question

I am sending out Save the Date Postcards.  If I have guests that are plus ones but I don't know there plus 1's name,  do I address the stdJane Doe + Guest or just Jane Doe?Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: STD Question

• Options
    rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the plus one is a significant relationship that you just haven't met, I'd really try to learn the name. If the issue is that it's a short term relationship or you don't know if they will bring that person, I'd just put your friend's name on the STD.For our single friends or those who were casually dating, we just put the friend's names and didn't write "and guest"; we waited for the invitation to do that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think you can get away with just inviting that person. What happens if they break up before the wedding? We only sent STDs with the SO's name on those that were already engaged.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're very established, get the name.If the person is totally single, just write 'and guest'.If the couple breaks up between the time you send STDs and the invitations, handle the situation on a case by case basis. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we just put the persons name, esp those that were casually dating. that way, if they broke up between now and the wedding, we could opt to just invite them and not invite a guest for them as well....we felt that if we put "and guest" on the std, it would obligate us to invite with a guest to the wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our STDs, we just included the people invited, not guests.  We did not include "and guest" or the name of a guest until the actual wedding invites.So much changes between the time when STDs are sent out and when the invites are sent out. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards