Montana
Options

Winter Wedding in Bozeman/Big Sky area...HELP!!

Hello ladies

My fiance and I are planning a winter mountain wedding in the Bozeman/Big Sky area. We both grew up avid snowmobilers and its our dream to incorporate them into our wedding (I know were weird to some, but its just who we are). Are there any lodges that are open in the winter there. It doesnt have to necessiarly be IN the mountains, but at the edge of them would be cool. We are looking at the Rockin TJ Ranch, and have had good things, but I would like more venues to look into. Our wedding is 1/13/13, so I have some time, but I wanna get the location booked sooner rather than later. Especially since it is skier and snowmobile heaven over there, the weekends tend to fill up fast with people who wanna enjoy the mountains.

Also, any good photographers, caterers, bakeries etc. Im from Lewistown and hes from Minnesotta. I have been there many times, but dont know food or anything from there. We live in Billings so the commute is quick and painless (and rather gorgeous)

Any and all information is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Winter Wedding in Bozeman/Big Sky area...HELP!!

• Options
    kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tracy Moore out of Billings is a great photographer and will travel.  Try VRBO for rentals in the big sky area!!  Bozeman has a great selection of wedding rental companies and suppliers in the MT wedding guide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! We live in Billings but want the location in the mountains and we LOVE the Bridger mountains a lot. Is it expensive for Tracy to tavel? We wanna find a person to do our engagement photos and all that this winter too and wanna stay with the same person through the whole thing. Makes it easier. :)
  • Options
    kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    understandable, visit her website.  tracymoorephotography.com.  Or her facebook page!  I am not certain on travel prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am currently looking into the 320 ranch just outside of the Big Sky area. Mine is a summer wedding, but they are open during the winter & do have some winter wedding pics on their website that I have come across. I would look into them, their website is 320ranch.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beautiful Area, Check out my website for some of your vendors. I know that a lot of them have done weddings in that area. I have not yet but I would like to. information can be found at www.anythingdj.com

Good luck on planning, and Congrats..
  • Options
    Look into the ski resorts (Big Sky, Bridger and Moonlight Basin) they may do weddings but I'm not sure. I have heard great things about Rocking TJ's, there is also Gallatin Gateway which is so gorgeous but I'm not sure about their winter schedules.
  • Options
    <div>Hey Mhy husband and I live in Bozeman and snowmoble around the area.  Great riding places I enjoy are carrot basin just up the road from big sky towards West Yellowstone.  As for places to stay and get married the Rocking TJ is very good, but so it 320 Guest ranch and that is located right by the snowmoblie rental in Big sky.  A little farther up the mountain is Lone Mountain ranch is nice as well.  I don't know much about food or catering but I hope that helps.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Have a great wedding Alex </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_montana_winter-mountain-wedding-bozemanbig-sky-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:100Discussion:a4c67daa-888e-409b-ba43-09fe89751316Post:ad2f2e78-af99-402c-b1f5-5628f58ed353">Winter Wedding in Bozeman/Big Sky area...HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies My fiance and I are planning a winter mountain wedding in the Bozeman/Big Sky area. We both grew up avid snowmobilers and its our dream to incorporate them into our wedding (I know were weird to some, but its just who we are). Are there any lodges that are open in the winter there. It doesnt have to necessiarly be IN the mountains, but at the edge of them would be cool. We are looking at the Rockin TJ Ranch, and have had good things, but I would like more venues to look into. Our wedding is 1/13/13, so I have some time, but I wanna get the location booked sooner rather than later. Especially since it is skier and snowmobile heaven over there, the weekends tend to fill up fast with people who wanna enjoy the mountains. Also, any good photographers, caterers, bakeries etc. Im from Lewistown and hes from Minnesotta. I have been there many times, but dont know food or anything from there. We live in Billings so the commute is quick and painless (and rather gorgeous) Any and all information is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
    Posted by mrsmarshik13[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards