Second Weddings

Renewing Vows??

The Mr and I had planned on starting to plan our dream wedding next year when we were both done with school, however, fate would have it that we are expecting our first child in August and so we've decided to get married before the baby gets here. We're doing a City Hall ceremony (which hurts me to my heart) in July but because I still want my dream wedding we're going to do a bigger ceremony next year or so ...would this still be considered a "renewal of vows" or should I just look at it like my first.

Re: Renewing Vows??

• marrymebabymarrymebaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mooch,I am planning a vow renewal after 10 years of marriage. My husband and I got married on the beach with a about 25 family members and that was our wedding... it was beautiful except for the fact that I did not hire a photographer : P. We chose to purchase a home over paying for a large wedding. We are now renewing our vow with about 60 people. This time Im hiring a photographer!My point is...Do what pleases you.... Talk to your FI or mom for input. It seems you know exactly what you want dont let anyone put doubts in your mind. Enjoy your wedding/vow renewal !
  • jenyjohnsonjenyjohnson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I did just that, We got married before the baby was born. He was already married before and i was in a serious relationship, and i felt horrible that i didn't get to do it the right way, so we agreed to do it over again. We did get married in the court house, but now we are planning for our renewal of vows. We are not calling it that, because i feel that we did it all for the wrong reasons before.  We are calling it "Our Recommitment Ceremony"  Both of our families support us in the crazy and hectic time, but it couldn't be more fun.  Just follow your heart, since i was alittle girl i dreamed of the pretty white dress and all my friends and family there by my side, and so that is what is happening now. It is going to be alittle harder to do it this way now, since all the ideas are for the "real 1st time" but just change it up and add your hint of style and HAVE FUN WITH IT!! It's a day for you and your husband, so enjoy it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards