Maryland-Baltimore

The Cloisters

I went to an open house at The Cloisters today. Anybody have a wedding there or planning a wedding there?

Re: The Cloisters

• edited December 2011
    I was there today too.....

I actually booked Cloisters for my February 2012 wedding this past October. ( My grandmom used to take me there when it was a childrens museaum and it has always been my dream to be married there...so it was a must have for me.)

But i went to the Cloisters again today to show it to my bridesmaids...we had a whole day out today...took them to the venue because they were all interested since they had never been there. Then took them to lunch and then BM dress shopping. The day was wonderful.

So we have already booked the place and checked out all of their mandatory caterers. (We have everything already booked and paid for) We chose to go with Hunt Valley catering....had a tasting and it was delicious....liked the laid back feeling with them....and the prices were waaaaayyy better than alot of the others....plus you get a free yia yias cake...they were there today...and ive had their cakes before and they are out of this world

We also booked doves for love for a hawk delivery of rings. (The guy that was there today)

Im really looking forward to it...when is your wedding? Are you planning on booking them or have you already booked them?
    More than words.....
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is going to be October of 2012. Yesterday was the first time that we had ever been to The Cloisters. We both really liked the place. We are in the beginning stages of planning and still have other places that we want to check out. But The Cloisters definitly made the "possibility list."

My fiance really liked the hawk/dove guy. So we were thinking of doing at least the hawk part.

You will definitly have to let me know how your weddind day goes. I will be anxious to here about the hawk. We are both animal lovers, so I have a feeling we will book that also. 

I will keep Hunt Valley catering in mind. My faince's sister used Atlantic catering and was very pleased.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes...we were pleased with Atlantics tasting...but they were much more expensive....and we were just as pleased with Hunt Valleys tasting....so thats what ultimately made our decision...pricing. It was actually between those two...so i think either one would be good.

We ordered the hawk....but not the doves. I just thought it was so unique. Did he show you how the hawk worked? The first time that we were there he took us outside and showed us and let me wear the glove for the hawk to land on my hand. It was really neat. If you didnt see it, and you were borderline about booking...go back to another open house and request to see it. I was just in awe!

You still have plenty of time to "shop around"....good luck in all of your decisions...i will be looking forward to hearing what you end up booking!!!!
    More than words.....
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, he did show us how the hawk worked and we were also very impressed.
    I dont know if we will be able to use Atlantic catering even if we wanted to, because I was just on a web site that said they only do weddings of 100 people or more. Our guest list is a liitle over a 100, but there is always people that cant make it. Plus, I kinda like the thought of a smaller, more intimate wedding.

• edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaids was married there ~4 years ago.  It was a beautiful wedding!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Cloisters August 12, 2011 and could not be more thrilled. They have been wonderful and the preferred vendors are fantastic not to mention the price couldn’t be any better!

We will be going with Atlantic Catering and using Kristin Olsson, the price is great and her service has been outstanding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Cloisters in October 2008. We visited there and immediately fell in love with it. It was really one of the best parts of our wedding.

We went with Atlantic Caterers. We also tasted with Hunt Valley and the price was almost the same, but we preferred working with the people at Atlantic (Raoul specifically). The food was amazing and they went above and beyond by setting up and taking down all of my DIY decor.

Any questions about the Cloisters, feel free to PM me or page me on the Baltimore Nest board. I think there are some pics in my bio too.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I just called Cloisters today and reserved a date for next Spring.  I'm between 3 venues, but so far Cloisters has the preferred date.  I have not seen the site in person though and their next open house isn't for almost 2 weeks.  Can 155 comfortably fit or is that pushing the limit?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_cloisters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:17611482-63c0-484e-b614-8245fff5e246Post:49dbf481-4d86-4b9e-81ab-04b20197c45f">Re: The Cloisters</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I just called Cloisters today and reserved a date for next Spring.  I'm between 3 venues, but so far Cloisters has the preferred date.  I have not seen the site in person though and their next open house isn't for almost 2 weeks.  Can 155 comfortably fit or is that pushing the limit?
    Posted by ashleighlauren[/QUOTE]

155 is pushing it for sure. When I booked it 2 years ago for our wedding they listed the max capacity as 120 and even that is pushing it. There's space, it's just not laid out well for a large crowd. I wouldn't have tried to fit more than 100 personally. We had 65 and it was absolutely perfect.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Hello,

I am newly engaged and looking for a wedding venue. My fiance proposed at Oheka Castle in Huntington,NY. An awesome castle! How awesome is the interior of Cloister Castle? Does it have the WOW factor? Is capacity still 120 people? I plan to atttend an open house very soon.

Mogreene
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards