Indiana

Sand Ceremony suggestions

I posted this on the DIY board, but I'm not sure if it's considered DIY. Anyhow, we want to do the sand ceremony and I'm not sure how to go about it. We would like to just pop in at Hobby Lobby and find some vases that we like instead of buying a set online. Does anyone have any suggestions on vase sizes? Anyone tried the wax on top to seal the sand? Did you practice to know how much sand to use/get? Any help would be appreciated. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sand Ceremony suggestions

• edited December 2011
    One of my sorority sisters got married a few weeks ago and did the sand ceremony. She used one of the "sets" of vases, but you could do whatever you want (i am! haha). The vases told her how much they held so she bought that much sand. I'm always over prepared for everything so I would probably have to measure it all out! haha
  • cjbyarscjbyars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I replied to your post on DIY.  If you are interested in the frame idea let me know, we have an extra one to sell.Here is the frame on amazon's website:http://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Ether-8-Inch-Frame-Espresso/dp/B000FHFHQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1248799401&sr=8-1
  • edited December 2011
    Walmart has a lot of circular vases if you want to look there.  Just have the center one be larger than the outer vases. Sand is pretty cheap, so you could get some extra to test the amount you need.
  • ellemichelleellemichelle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought two bud vases and a larger cylinder vase from Walmart- they are actually good quality and much cheaper than the ones at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  I went to Hobby Lobby to buy sand- we're using three colors and they were $1.99 each for a decent sized bottle of sand.I have no suggestions on how to know how much sand to get, other than look at the size of the vase or container you want to use and estimate.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We got our vases and sand at Michaels.  We just went to the vase aisle and stood there and thought about it and picked three vases to use, two smaller cylinder vases and one big center vase.  You can see them in my married bio.  We bought 3 bags of sand because the vases seemed kind of big, but we only used about 1 1/2 bags of the red one.  The tan one we got from my FIL who had some for some reason I don't remember now.We never did seal it with anything, but the vase was accidentally broken about 9 months after the wedding, so I moved the sand into 2 apothecary vases with lids. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards