Florida-West Coast

Hello

I am Christine and my fiance is Jeff, we live in Venice and we got engaged in June. I'm so excited and looking forward to chatting with everyone and getting ideas. Now i just need to figure out where to start.Cool

Re: Hello

• edited December 2011
    welcome to the board...happy planning
  • sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blseveranceblseverance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy planning! Congrats & Good luck  :)
  • TimsGirl10TimsGirl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! :)
    Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! Congratulations!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • tammyhector77tammyhector77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome!!!!!
    :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the board.  everyone is super friendly and helpful!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  The ladies here are great and have been such a help to me.
    First thing's first...figure out your budget.  Then, start thinking about the date and venue.  Baby steps! :)
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • CJTeacupCJTeacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you everyone!!!!!!
    We were thinking about date being on september 17th, most of our guests are out of town, so i will be looking for 75-100 people. As far as budget goes, eww, lol We're thinking 10-15K, is it possible to accomplish?
    Anyone can recommend anything decent in Venice or Sarasota? We'd like to keep it here  in town if at all possible. I don't even know how much venue will cost, and i'm afraid to find out lol.
    I'm also checking out Vista prints for invitations, did anyone use them, how did they come out? We will be looking for a good photographer and dj, have no clue what that cost either. Of course other things like flowers and such. Any recommendation will be appreciated!!
    First i need to find a dress, i will be making a trip to Sarasota brides, anyone has any experience with them?

Sorry for so many questions, i'm really looking forward to this fun planning process!!Laughing
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, cute name (Teacup), everyone is very helpful around here. With your budget you can do pretty well. What exactly are you looking for as far as venue goes?
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Are you looking at THIS september? or 2011?  That might limit you where you can look.  But if it is for next year, your budget and guest list is similar to mine, including all from out of town (including myself). 

I am getting married at The Sandbar Restaurant in Anna Maria Island, ceremony at a church in Bradenton, and most of the guests will be staying at hotels in Sarasota.  The Sandbarand it's sister restaurant (BeachHouse) are both restaurants on the beach which offer really resonable packages....you could easily do a wedding for under 15K.  Probably under 10K depending on how many and what extras you want to spend money on. 
    Both sites book fast, so look into it now and you can temporarily hold it for 2 weeks without a deposit until you are able to get up there and check them out.  The people there are extremely helpful!!!
  • CJTeacupCJTeacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, yes, it's 2011, sorry about that. mbathey, Anna Maria is too far, and i don't want to do a beach wedding. I'm thinking of calling Boca Royal in Englewood, or Venitian in Venice, has anyone used them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards