Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

**doxx**

Hey, I was just looking at your bio for the first time in forever, and I noticed that we're both having our dresses altered with Angie! Yay! I don't go on the DC board much, but everyone there suggested Angie. I already have my first alteration scheduled -- for June 2010! I wanted to make sure I booked with her before she filled up :) I'm also adding custom-made cap sleeves to my dress, so I wanted to make sure I went with someone who's highly recommended! Also, one of my bridesmaids (Renee) wore your BM dress in a wedding she was in last month! They wore the light yellow dresses and looked BEAUTIFUL. Definitely one of the prettier BM dresses I've seen :)

Re: **doxx**

• doxx0048doxx0048 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - I don't venture over to the DC board much either - no one posts much and it seems as though I don't get a lot of feed back on DC vendor questions I have (except for Angie).  They rave about her and I am excited to work with her too.  I actually read an article in the Express where they interviewed both Angie and Estee.  She is very skilled, super friendly and has been doing dresses for years - just wait until you see her wall of thank yous and wedding photos!  I haven't seen any of her work personally (yet... I have my second fitting in 3 weeks), but can't wait to try my dress on again.  I would recommend to go with a friend or family member though - I went to my first fitting alone and was so excited to be wearing my dress that I wasn't paying attention to what she was pinning or how high she was pinning the hemline.  I am kind of nervous that it may to short or the bust my be too tight but I guess we will see.  :)Oh, and I just love my bridesmaid dresses!  Thanks for the kind remarks on them.  I really love them and the girls do too!If you need any help with wedding stuff here in DC feel free to just ask as well - I'm always more than happy to help.  We could have our own little MN/DC knottie get together!  I'm really hoping we can plan something with the MN knotties when we are both in MN this October - it would be a blast!
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's funny -- in retrospect I remembered seeing that Express article too! I'd heard good things about Estee too, but I reached out to Angie first. I can't wait to hear how things go at your next fitting!Actually, I was just wondering about another alteration that I'll need. One of my BMs just got engaged this weekend and asked me to be a BM in her wedding. They're getting married in April 2010, and I'll need to have my BM dress altered in the DC area. Do you think I should ask Angie? Honestly, I don't care about alterations THAT much for the BM dress. Angie isn't the most conveniently located, especially because I live on Capitol Hill and don't have a car. Do you know any other good tailors in DC? I've been to Do's Custom Tailors in Georgetown, and they're awesome, but they're EXPENSIVE. I don't want to spend a fortune, especially because I'll be getting married a few months after my friend's wedding! :)
  • doxx0048doxx0048 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know this totally reminds me - my BM had another dress altered at a place in Rosslyn right by the metro and they had to alter quite a bit on her PoB dress and they did a wonderful job, super affordable too.  I'll ask her tonight and pass along the information.  You're right though, Angie's home is a hike and on the curviest road EVER.  :)Also, funny that you mention Do's tailoring.  I used to live in Foggy Bottom and the first time I walked past the sign I had to have my photo by it - Do is my last name, but not for long!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards