Connecticut
Options

Reception Timeline/Agenda - long

Hi Ladies - I wanted to get your opinions on my current ideas for my reception.  Rather than having a long dinner with dancing in-between courses..we are thinking of having our jazz band play through dinner and then start the DJ after the dinner courses.  Also, we wanted to wait until after dinner to have our first dance and "kick off" the evening. We would still get introduced immediately after cocktail hour, but rather than the first dance...we would personally introduce our bridal party.Is that too weird?  Anyone else done or seen anything like this?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reception Timeline/Agenda - long

• Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that is weird at all.  I think most people around here do dinner all the way through and then start dancing (at least that is the way it was with all of the CT weddings I have been to).  That is what we plan on doing also.  We would prefer more time for dancing and less time sitting at the table eating.  I love the idea of you doing your first dance after dinner to kick off the dancing!  Where is your reception?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK cool!  My reception is at the New Haven Lawn Club...thanks for your thoughts!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to double check with your venue that this works for them. From meeting with your band, I learned that a lot of the order of reception "events" is designed to give them time to get each course on the tables/cut the cake and serve dessert. Otherwise, sounds like a good plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards